Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change of NSC username: now £1 (all proceeds to REMF)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I seem to have to change usernames for people a few times a week. I've never been very keen on doing it since it changes all existing posts to that new username and I think it kinda ruins part of the community aspect a bit with seemingly 'new' users with hundreds or thousands of posts appearing out of nowhere.

It's also a slight pain in the arse to do.

So, from now on, I will charge £1 for a username change with all proceeds going to the REMF - I'll accrue the money and pay once a year or something, and keep a tally somewhere or other on the board.

If you do want your NSC username changed - please make a Paypal payment such that £1 (after any charges) reaches me at:

bozza@northstandchat.com

Please include details of your existing username and what you wish to change to.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
£1?! I would've made it a Fiver myself, but good thinking Boz.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Seems reasonable enough, I know another forum that you need to sub as a member for at least a month (£4) to get it done. Not a bad idea at all.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Should be at least a fiver, plus a sub forum showing before and after names and a detailed explanation of why the need to change :thumbsup:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Should be at least a fiver, plus a sub forum showing before and after names and a detailed explanation of why the need to change :thumbsup:

Exactamondo - total bunch of arse this name changing caper.

Didn't name changer's used to have a weeks worth of notification by their avatar?
Should be a more like a months worth of all text being automatically red and blue or something - Anything to mark them out as antisocial Lepers.. bah..

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Agree with most above, if it's going to be allowed, then make it £5+

But, good idea! :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If I come back from holiday with a sun tan I might have to change mine temporarily until it goes again :p

Edit: OI! where's the pretty pictures gone ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
£1 definitely isn't enough, £5 or £10. Very annoying when people change their username when they have a high amount of posts. Just not cricket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was a sticky, but everything became unsticky, when the fixtures list was made a sticky... *breath*

...and avatars and signatures and search was all 'on'.

Time to go back to normal, I think. The rush never materialised.

Fair enoughski I feel. Feel free to make it higher, I have already done mine (and no, I am not a sociopath, just preferred to be slightly more anonymous).

Why would some one want to change anyway???

I regret everything about my name, the cheap kid like text slang and the fact I put a players name in it that is about to f*** off. However it is what i am known as and it would be a change of identity while also a pain for everyone else to grasp it is still the same poster.

I regret everything about my name, the cheap kid like text slang and the fact I put a players name in it that is about to f*** off. However it is what i am known as and it would be a change of identity while also a pain for everyone else to grasp it is still the same poster.

Whilst I ought to mention that this is just a football website user-name, and few people care much (or know anything much about the you that your parents and close friends came to know) - there's still a place just below your username that you can put your old name, i.e. "ex-murraymints4brighton"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here