Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another REMF thread

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just to say I am still buzzing from the Friday night experience - great game, great goals, great drama. A couple of notices...

The last-minute replacement ref Rob Mackay was genuinely delighted and privileged to have been asked and thoroughly enjoyed the match. According to Brett, he spent the entire match encouraging everyone. Including Richie Morris' booking, where he put both hands to each back pocket, looked Richie in the eye and said 'well, son, do you feel lucky...?'*

Phil Prosser was upset for not being able to attend. His 18-month old daughter had burned herself on the fire at home, and he had to rush back. Thankfully, she is OK - no lasting damage. Prosser himself sent his apologies, was astounded by the figure raised, and would love, if asked, to be able to referee the match next year.

I will be speaking to the guys from Alphabronx later today about the match footage they shot. They suggest a 60-minutes highlights DVD. They seemed quite satisfied with what they got, so watch this space and we'll let you know about when you can order the DVD.

Having spent the day with Wardy on Saturday, he was delighted to have been involved with the game, and loves the adulation he gets when he's here, including him starting the 'No.1 is Peter Ward...' chant himself. He would love to play again next year, and Gareth, as REMF chairman duly obliged with this invitation. Wardy said yes.

Thanks also to Ricky Marlowe's efforts once again - great goal too. And I sit in gobsmacked awe as to how much scoff that man can put away. A Herculean achievement in gluttony.

I'm also going to add my two-penneth by saying an enormous 'well done' for the efforts of everyone involved - you know who you are - in making the match such a success, and a massive thank you to everyone who came along to support it. £7,000 profit is a stunning figure - and there's more to come. Here's to doing even better next year!

* Can Richie confirm this?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
* Can Richie confirm this?

As I was a yard away at the time, protesting Richie's 'innocence' I can confirm, his actual words were;

"So, have you had a good day so far? Feeling lucky?"

I thought the ref was brilliant. Top bloke.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
So much dross has been posted on NSC this last season, it is a real pleasure to read about the REMF game.

Wasn't there but it makes me proud to be an Albion fan. A fantastic effort from all involved.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The bald Lino was also very encouraging everytime I went to take a corner and even shouted 'YES' when Toby got the equaliser!

A top night guys and a HUGE well done to Gareth, Al and Brett and everyone else involved!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bald Lino was also very encouraging everytime I went to take a corner and even shouted 'YES' when Toby got the equaliser!

A top night guys and a HUGE well done to Gareth, Al and Brett and everyone else involved!

Oh dear the ' fixing ' allegations gather pace :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here