Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We all live in a wardy wonderland - thanks here

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A thread to acknowledge and thank Peter Ward and his lovely wife Jacqui for their immense EFFORTS and support of the REMF. I can e mail this thread to Wardy next week.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Peter Ward
Jacqui Ward

:bowdown::bowdown:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I may have been hit on the head with a stray shot from the warm up, but it was well worth it considering it was struck by a true legend, massive congratulations Peter and Jacqui, your efforts are very much appreciated and we all look forward to seeing you again next year.
:ascarf:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Top work. Forever and ledgend! :clap::clap:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
When asked what it was like to be back in the stripes, Wardy simply replied "MAGNIFICENT".
It was an honour to have them both over here for a worthwhile cause, and I hope that Jacqui got her white wine in the end.

:bowdown::bowdown:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
just like to say that after playing and giving an interview on the pitch,wardy came round to speak to some fans behind the goal,by this time it was getting cold he still had his kit on so he must of been freezing but he still signed autographs and posed for pictures despite needing a piss and a beer (his actual words).Thank you Peter my 6 year old son will treasure the photo of you two together.
Anybody can be a star but it takes someone special to be a LEGEND like you..

Thanks again :thumbsup: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I just like to say ive never had the pleasure of seeing the legend Peter Ward. But he seems l;ike a top bloke. Oh, and his wife. well done to all involved can wait until i get to join in.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Jacqui and Peter

Attachments

• Wards.jpg
    Wards.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 447

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Thank-you to you and yours for your magnificent support. A true Brighton LEGEND. :bowdown:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I've seen your willy

What an honour to play alongside you, and what great banter you were on the piss up after, some great shapes being thrown, and of course well done on your penno and signing everything for everyone, and all the photos despite needing a piss and a beer :bowdown:

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks for making the effort to come all the way over here, it was great to see an Albion legend in the flesh, not to mention scoring a great penalty to start the shootout.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

zig

Jul 8, 2003
A dream come true; to see those famous moves in front of the goal again & to get a chance to shake your hand after the game was priceless. My son asked me how much of a legend you were & I said you were for us as Keegan was to Liverpool - a God, in other words.

Well played, Wardy - you've always done us proud :thumbsup:

Top legend, I will treasure and boost about my photo with Wardy for many a year. My dustbin lids haven't stopped smiling at having their picture with him. What great memories for us all to have. Cheers :clap::clap::clap:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Peter, you will always be in every Brighton fans heart, and to come over for REMF was tremendous. You said to me last night that the reason you came over was for the REMF, but also for "these people" well, as one of "these people" you are always welcome, and thanks so much for pulling on the stripes again, and for posing for the photo.

Attachments

• P1020548 (Large) (Custom) (Custom) (3).JPG
    P1020548 (Large) (Custom) (Custom) (3).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 344

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A superb effort all-round. Looking forward to them coming home again at the same time next year.

Legendary scenes. :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thank you...for being Peter Ward :bowdown: I have few heroes you are one :thumbsup:

My circa 1979 BHAFC fan memory consulted with my 2009 BHAFC fan mind, and declared that this truly is a LEGEND by every meaning of the word.

Peter, thanks for your humility and patience, quality of play (especially while injury-threatened!) and for underlining an Albion cause.
I used to chat with Robert Eaton (aka Rob-in-NY in the chatroom) for most Albion matches when I lived in the US, and I know he would have been the most proud of what has been done in his name, and by whom.

Oh - and it's been 30 years since I last sang out "he shot he scored, it must be PETER WARD" from a terrace - so it was outstanding to have that moment again as if no years had passed.

Brilliant!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here