Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official REMF match thread

Leebo

May 9, 2009
Hi - one of the Palace REMF players, here in peace!

Firstly, just wanted to say how good it was to hear how much money was raised for REMF on the night. It's an honour to be part of it all.

Congratulations on your victory. Needless to say I'm gutted given our performance in the first half, but with all the chopping and changing and sitting deep, we allowed you a route back into the game and you took it very well.

I'm definitely back next year. Suggestions of "letting" us win are laughable, though. Whilst we always turn up every year looking for a win, the main reason we choose to be there is to support such a good cause. Besides, with a bit more luck, we could've finished as the victors on a few occassions, so we definitely won't be looking for any favours (nor, I doubt, will we be given any!). Might have to think of a better way than penalties of deciding it though...Scissor / Paper / Stone?! :lol:

For those Brighton REMF guys who play in the Mid Sussex Sunday League, I'll see you in a few months! For the rest of you...until next year!!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I don't think anybody could come away from last night's game thinking anyone "let anyone win"! I heard the comments about the alleged benefits of the Palace winning but these remarks had absolutely nothing to do with GIVING the game away. Far from it since at that stage of events, it looked like Mendoza's Blue & White Striped Army were going to get a thorough DRUBBING. Instead, it was one of those attempts to try and prepare for the very real likelihood that the light at the end of the tunnel was the oncoming express train to East Croydon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If anyone thinks the BHAFC team would throw the game they were obviously not in the changing rooms at half time. This team led by Mendoza would rather die first.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would like to think my harsh words at half time was the wake up call you guys needed :thumbsup:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Motivation of the highest order G Man.

Thanks for your efforts throughout the night and all the organising stuff Gareth. AS a player it is hugely appreciated.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No worries mate.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
im working on it for a mini project in the pipeline

Brett. I am not sure if we have done a report for the press yet but can I nominate you to do it and do the quotes for the papers. I know how much you like your media attention :clap2: and its the least you deserve mate.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As someone who was there on Friday night a couple of points :

Well Done to all of you who put the night together - TLO, US, Mendoza etc, a fantastic sum of money to raise, there is no doubt in my mind that REMF is by far the best thing to come out of NSC.

I say again, well done to everyone involved.

As far as the match was concerned, I thought the defending from us was pretty shocking in the first half, with the exception of the left back - not much you could do about the goals though - Palace's second was a screamer.

If anyone thought it was just a kick about you should have seen the reaction of their bench when their goals went in.

Much better second half, although a windy evening and a bumpy pitch didn't help. Quality finish from Mendoza with celebration to match. Good free kick for the second goal too.(Was that the left back?)

Once it got to pens there was only ever going to be one winner (although I have seen Ward miss a few before!)

A great come back.

Chant of the night "4 - 1 and you F***ed it up!"

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Why do you always have to be so offensive on every thread. There is no need. You need to have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. NO ONE is impressed with your behaviour. Have you ever done anything contructive in your life ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here