Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 3rd Charity Golf Day – please read, even non-golfers

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
As most of you know, we are now supporting, not only junior football clubs in the Brighton, Croydon and New York areas, Aids/HIV orphans in Mali and Burkina Faso but we are a major sponsor of Special Seagulls which teaches youngsters who are physically or mentally handicapped, to play football. To keep on doing so, we need to keep generating interest and funds.

The third REMF Charity Golf Day will take place on Friday 12th June at Mid-Sussex G.C. in Ditchling and we need your help.

How? Well, support is welcomed in a number of ways.

Firstly, entering the competition as a four ball will cost £55 per person, (same price as last year). Check the Mid-Sussex web site. This day would normally cost £55.50, so it's a great deal. See below for more details.

Secondly, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. You will also be in the official program showing your sponsorship. We will also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage. (We’re hoping that Robyn will be bigging us up on Talksport)

Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle prize this will be gratefully received and will also be recorded in the official program.

And finally, if you don’t want to play golf but would like to be involved in a fabulous day by having the 3-course meal and be there for the presentations and raffle, then this too is possible. Just see the contact details below.

We hope to have some celebrities entering as well, but more about these later. We know that the readers and posters of this message board are second to none, so let's prove it once again.

Anyone entering the competition is guaranteed a great day. Just ask anyone who entered last year, there were plenty of NSC’ers. Any standard of golf is acceptable. We used to find around 16 Albion golfers for the match against Palace, so why not enter. If you can’t make up a 4-ball, let me know as there will be others in a similar position. I’m quite happy to put golfers together to create the teams – just let me know. (This includes DTG).
What do you get if you enter?
On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. The winning team and runners up will all receive really excellent trophies. There will also be prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes. On top of this, there will be a prize on every hole! Not having a very good round collectively? So what, you’ve still got up to hole 18 to grab a prize.
This will be followed by an excellent three course meal, after which will come the raffle and presentations. We have already been promised some excellent raffle prizes so come and get some of it.

For any further information on how to enter, sponsor or donate, either pm me, email me on t.langridge@virgin.net or ring me on 07860 371461 any time.

I hope to hear from many of you.

Mods, please make this a sticky.

Tony......

PS, any of you that have posted about golf in the past year can expect a pm from me if you don’t reply.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ill make a point in mentioning it on the PA on Friday before the game and at half time

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Tony,

Expect a four ball entry from us again this year. I am assuming you have arranged another top class day out, including fabulous weather again.....

:clap2:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
For anyone interested in joining in the drinking, (après golf), and the eating, (three course meal), the cost will be £22.50. (Don’t forget the presentation and the superior raffle you can purchase tickets for).

Numbers may be limited so please book early.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
as somebody thats smashed a few car windscreens on the 1st hole at roedean pitch n putt im best left in the changing rooms for this one but best of luck to those competing and hope you raise a bundle

Just got back from Ditchling. I'll leave the golfers to report on the match - which is still in progress. All I will say now is what a SUPERB piece of organisation by Woodingdean Gull.

Well done, Tony.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another superb event organised by Tony. He got 20 raffle prizes which must have been worth over £ 1000. Tony has transformed this event through his hard work and dedication to the event/cause.

The Golf days have been held for 8 years and we had a great day but made £ 80 -
£ 200 profit. Tony took over in 2007 and has made £ 2000 in 2007 and 2008 and I dare say may have increased on that this year.

Tony

:bowdown:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
were the FLOWERS nice? my old man planted them last week and I helped move the Plant Bowls into position on Wednesday :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here