Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 2009 - what it's all about, how you can help and links to everything else

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No. Prosser is doing it.

This much was confirmed when I informed the 'committee' via email three weeks ago.

Not to be pedantic Al but Prosser was ref and we were having someone else to do the mom.Prosser then broke his foot but still wanted to arttend and we said he could do the mom. Now prosser is ref again we are back to the original plan but if he still thinks he is doing it and wants to do it lets leave it at that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not to be pedantic Al but Prosser was ref and we were having someone else to do the mom.Prosser then broke his foot but still wanted to arttend and we said he could do the mom. Now prosser is ref again we are back to the original plan but if he still thinks he is doing it and wants to do it lets leave it at that.

The only variation in the plan was Prosser had concerns about his foot. Other than that, the plan has not changed. Prosser was always going to choose man of the match, ref or no ref.

But you're right - we'll leave it at that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok Al. We have enough other things to worry about. Thanks for clarifying.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Raffle update.

Still working on this but so far.

1. BHAFC signed shirt 2008/2009 - donated by BHAFC
2. Case of Wine - donated by Ed & Roz
3. 4 tickets for a Sussex CCC Pro 40 game - donated by Kevin Berry/SCCC
4. Peter Ward cufflinks - donated by Ring Jewellry
5. 2 bottles of wine - donated by Bod & Di Glover

I am hoping to get a room for the raffle from The Ramada and Royal Albion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have spoken to Peter Ward today. He does not need a car now. Also he has 203- T Shirts with his photo which are limited editions printed for the 30th anniversary of scoring the clubs record breaking 36 goals in a season. We will see them for £ 15 on the night which will be personally signed by Peter Ward and he has donated 50% of this to the REMF.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Should read 20-30 T Shirts.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well done and thanks to those who helped with the flyers at Withdean - you know who you are. Good idea to get them into the programmes and TSLR.

One thing I did notice was that, when handing them out, people were interested to hear about Peter Ward playing, but just laughed off with incredulity 'yeah, right mate...' when I told them Prosser was refereeing the game. Oh well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Al

Tremendous effort all round mate. We had a good piece in the match programme which sold out 4000. Paul Samrah gave it a good plug at half time and also after the game. Brett plugged in on Harty's show and you and I plugged it on Albion Roar. also gave out thousands of flyer of which there were 2 types so I think we covered all the angles.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't think many beleived it on Hospitality about Wardy playing either, can the club post something on seagulls.co.uk?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't think many beleived it on Hospitality about Wardy playing either, can the club post something on seagulls.co.uk?

This irks me somewhat. do people think the REMF would risk its good reputation with blagging it about Ward playing. :censored:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oh, and can I alsp confirm what a miserable GIT Des Lynam is.

I tried to give him a flyer saying "Peter Ward flying back to play in charity match" to which he said rather sarcastically - like he didn't believe it - "Oh IS he now?"

I offered him a flyer as proof but he just refused to take one.

Some bloke with him took one, almost out of embarrasment.

On another subject, how many players turned up to leaflet yesterday? I only saw Brett, Matt, Nick and Huffer...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ritchie. Thanks to the 5 who made the effort. We can only do so much and it seems to be the usual suspescts who make the effort all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here