Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rediffusion PlayerofYear Goldstone Rapper's Avatar

1972/73 Millwall v Brighton - vintage video

0 Not allowed!
    here you are, a game from November 1972....

P.S. If anyone has the Brighton v Liverpool full game from 1984, or the 1983 FA Cup Final build-up, please can you make me a DVD? thanks....
    Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
    The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

#cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      thanks.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."

0 Not allowed!
      Derek Possee ... what a great name for a footballer!!
      Seagulls TV - www.seagulls.tv - the Albion retro site - for videos, profiles, photos, stats
      The Goldstone Wrap - www.thegoldstonewrap.com - the Albion retro blog - for memorabilia and magazine cuttings - a new post every day!

0 Not allowed!
      Eamon Dunphy, bane of Jack Charlton's managerial life with Ireland playing for Millwall there.

Lovely away kit - pre-dating our Skint AC Milan away kit by 30 years.

0 Not allowed!
      we lost though
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Great stuff !!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Was at the game and brought back memories.
      After Alf Wood scored the third, he celebrated in front of me and two mates. As was customary in those days, we acknowledged his fine header with two fingered salutes and some rather industrial language. Next thing we knew, a baying mob, the other side of the fence, were pointing us out and telling us we were going to get our f...ing heads kicked in.
      Whilst the crowd were still celebrating, we crept out and headed away from the ground. After about two minutes, something possessed me to look back and there were about 30 of them closing us down.
      Usain Bolt, eat yer heart out...we sprinted towards the tube, swept past the ticket inspector and leapt into the only train there. It was our lucky day...within seconds it was pulling out and we watched as our likely assassins came pouring down the stairs onto the platform.
      It was pure, cold fear and I still remember it to this day.

0 Not allowed!
      thank you for the memories, Horney. glad you survived to tell the tale!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Horney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was at the game and brought back memories.
      After Alf Wood scored the third, he celebrated in front of me and two mates. As was customary in those days, we acknowledged his fine header with two fingered salutes and some rather industrial language. Next thing we knew, a baying mob, the other side of the fence, were pointing us out and telling us we were going to get our f...ing heads kicked in.
      Whilst the crowd were still celebrating, we crept out and headed away from the ground. After about two minutes, something possessed me to look back and there were about 30 of them closing us down.
      Usain Bolt, eat yer heart out...we sprinted towards the tube, swept past the ticket inspector and leapt into the only train there. It was our lucky day...within seconds it was pulling out and we watched as our likely assassins came pouring down the stairs onto the platform.
      It was pure, cold fear and I still remember it to this day.
      I was also there, just a yyoungster so no pubbing & my 1st visit to the Den. I was on my own and it wasn't a very friendly place so just kept quiet throughout a miserable defeat. had plenty of practise that season!
      40 years of watching the Albion makes me an official Boring Old Git.

0 Not allowed!
      That season has to be my yardstick for worst albion season ever. When people say 'this is the worst team I can ever remember', I always think no, the 72-72 team was the worst.