Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In go the israeli's then....

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Understandable action from the Israeli point of view

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the intention was to take control of areas from which Palestinian militants have been firing rockets into Israel.

A BBC reporter in Gaza says it appears to be a limited operation with 10 to 15 vehicles crossing the northern border.

Anyone see Alexei Sayle condemning Israel as heavy handed, on telly today?

Apart from his assertion that the Palestinians "only have little home-made missiles" (which is still no excuse), he stated that Israel would blockade them in even if they completely surrendered, so of course they'll fight back.
He made mention of the Israeli inclination to shoot children that are throwing stones, dead.

It seems to me that everyone has a point, whichever side they take.

Yet the war continues to a pointless lack of any conclusion.

I despise that Bush always take the Israeli side regardless.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Apart from his assertion that the Palestinians "only have little home-made missiles" (which is still no excuse)

It has been mentioned that the Palestinians are having help from the Iranians in making those missiles.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1052305.html

Notice the lack of outrage from all the Arabic countries and the USA. Usually the Arabic countries are very outspoken. Maybe there is a bigger picture here with Iran the only country (outside Israel) that is on the verge of acquiring a nuclear capability (if they don't already have one)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm with the Israelis, if only we had randomly bombed Ulster when the IRA were around, I'm sure they would have been defeated far quicker. If a few hundred people are killed along the way it's just collateral damage.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
That's fine, El Pres - except the IRA's stated intention was never the total obliteration of this country and their little hand-made missiles almost missed the MI5 building from 100 paces and certainly couldn't destroy buildings 40 kms away.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Maybe we should have blown the shit out of luton or wherever those terrorists came from after the 7/7 bombings.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Of course, if Israel removed itself from the areas of land it occupies ILLEGALLY then they might have a case but until then I consider them nothing but a bunch of murderous hypocites !!! Talk about exessive force. Comparing it to us verses the IRA as actually quite accurate - we murdered numerous Irish and when I visted Dublin and it's museum prison I was utterly ashamed to be British.

I can't support or condone or empathise with Israel - 4 dead against over 400 - the figures say it all - THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF MURDEROUS C*NTS !!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Of course, if Israel removed itself from the areas of land it occupies ILLEGALLY then they might have a case but until then I consider them nothing but a bunch of murderous hypocites !!! Talk about exessive force. Comparing it to us verses the IRA as actually quite accurate - we murdered numerous Irish and when I visted Dublin and it's museum prison I was utterly ashamed to be British.

I can't support or condone or empathise with Israel - 4 dead against over 400 - the figures say it all - THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF MURDEROUS C*NTS !!!

this is the kind of crap that Ken Livingstone was spouting earlier. Why would any country enter a conflict on the basis of proportionality if they beleive they can win it or acheive their objectives?

They voted for Hamas so they voted for this, if you dont know when you have lost you are doomed. Wars are nasty and no weasal words will hide the fact that if you start f***ing with a bigger nation your going to be in trouble, ask the Georgians.

did your Irish Meuseam explain what the Irish army was doing at York during the english civil war? War Mueseams are centers for propogand and that includes the imperial war mueseam. I would do a lot od reading around the topic before being spoon fed propoganda in any of those places if I were you.

I notice the BBC news is almost identical to Al Jazeera, yet more propoganda.

Been reading and watching CNN, more balanced.

I'm with the Israelis, if only we had randomly bombed Ulster when the IRA were around, I'm sure they would have been defeated far quicker. If a few hundred people are killed along the way it's just collateral damage.

Randomly bombing in Ulster and thereby causing heavy civilian casualties would have made us no better than the terrorists, just like the f***ing Israelis.

I wonder what most of our forces would do, if the Iranians and anti-Israeli countries waded in on Israel?
The US would almost certainly side with Israel, and with their awful record at confining and ending wars, I don't think I'd necessarily back the 'World's Moral Police' to come out on top!

Traditionally, Britain go along with the US - but I couldn't want to lift a single finger to interfere in that messy business.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All the time Jews think they are worth a hundred Arabs, there will never be peace.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Unfortunately as long as the Arabs continue to believe that diplomacy is a sign of weakness, Israel will continue to demonstrate it's overwhelming military supremacy and willingness to crush any opposition ruthlessly. Let's face it Israel could take on the entire Arab world, plus Iran and still wipe them off the face of the earth simply because they wouldn't pull any punches and have the attitude of "to hell with the consequences" because of the Zionist influence in the Pentagon & White House.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot think of a workable solution to this problem, luckily I'm not a politician ( although non of them seem to have a clue either). You steal a nation's country, especially a Middle Eastern one and the problem is going to stay as long as there are nationals/descendants of said country still alive.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If the Israeli's were to move out of the entire M.E, then you'd soon find the arabs starting to fight each other. It will never end. Why o why we need to constantly be 'monitoring' the situation I don't know. Best kept at arms length.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
this is the kind of crap that Ken Livingstone was spouting earlier. Why would any country enter a conflict on the basis of proportionality if they beleive they can win it or acheive their objectives?

They voted for Hamas so they voted for this, if you dont know when you have lost you are doomed. Wars are nasty and no weasal words will hide the fact that if you start f***ing with a bigger nation your going to be in trouble, ask the Georgians.

Ok lets say France invades Britain. The UN then passes a resolution condeming indeed showing the invasion is illegal. France ignores this and so freedom fighters ( or terrorists as France labels them ) start a campaign to remove France from Britain. Unfortuantely they only have lower powered rockets and bombs to fight a heavily equiped and well trained French force.

Would you be supporting the British ( and possibly fighting with them assuming you're British ) or comdeming the freedom fighters as terrorists ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here