Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 21 Tickets

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Hi, I was wondering how long the club will continue with the under 21 tickets? Will there be any plan to return to the student ticket concession in future seasons?

The current under 21 ticket discriminates against many students, such as:

- Many 3rd year students over the age of 20,
- Students who took a gap year or worked before entering higher education.
- Mature students (particularly those with financial constraints of supporting a family.
- International students who enter higher education later than UK students.
- Students taking courses longer than 5 years (e.g. medicine).
- Postgraduate students.

For many students over the age of 20, attending home games is expensive. Especially as the further they are into the duration of the course, the less disposable income they will have. For many students studying out of area, the cost of travelling combined with a full price ticket is a huge outgoing for someone on a low budget.

I can't see the logic in the under 21 ticket. A 21 year old student will have substantially less disposable income than a 19 year old in full time employment, yet is not eligible for a discount. This just sounds bizarre. The majority of other clubs provide student tickets, and these are really beneficial to those on a low income or in financial hardship.

Considering the large number of Higher / Further Education institutions in the Sussex area, surely a student concession makes common sense from a marketing perspective, particularly in these difficult economic times? Students live off a weekly food budget which is less than the cost of one adult match ticket.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We did cover this in the summer on ATC, but nonetheless I will pass on the comments made to the relevant individuals at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here