Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Calendar

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Would it be possible to ask the Club shop to produce a calendar that runs from the start of the season when players that will be actually at the Club appear in the calendar as the 2008 one now has (including Joel Lynch) 6 players no longer with Brighton. I know calendars run Jan-Dec and they are a great marketing tool for Christmas but when it is possible that any player that may appear in the calendar may be sold or let go in January it doesn't make it very relevant for the rest of the year if half the players featured are no longer at the Club! My 9 year old son who was given the 2008 calendar last Christmas has been constantly disappointed when he turns over the page to once again find an ex-player!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Been asked this before, and passed it on to the club shop - but I think people like to buy calendars at this time of year, and therefore there is a much bigger market for the calendar. Whether that market would be the same in August I don't know - but it doesn't solve the problem of players leaving, as players can still leave during August, during the season on loan, January or at the end of the season. Additionally, this year it would have featured players in old kit or pre-season games, as there is around a four-week lead time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here