Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    the maytree portslade when it was their,esp in the late 80s,the local chelsea headhunters used to plot up in their friday nites,one of their main lads used to live nearbye
    WITH THE LADS IN WEST STAND UPPER,IM GOING NOWHERE

• North Stand Chat

advertising

We stand where we want! Chicken Runner61's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      What worries me is that I have used most of those as locals at some point in my life.

I grew updown the road from the Red Lion, had my first correct age drinks in what is now the Whisle stop and the Kendal was my local for about ten years.

My first works do was at the Royal George.

Used to go to The Clyde when I was 15 which was pretty tasty some nights and the Adur and the Blue anchor had their moments too. I don't know about about being dangerous they just seemed a bit rough.

I have been to much worse places in Manchester and Cardiff !

0 Not allowed!
      The Lion & Unicorn (The 'Blue' House ) was a bit iffie unless u knew them. Twas Albion thru and thru tho
      I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
      http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinem...x?venueId=doyb
      We stand where we want! Chicken Runner61's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Now I am really worried we used to live along Elmore Road. Edward Street used to have a pub about every twenty yards - if you look at the buildings on the south side of the road you can see where some used to be. The Thurlow was interesting too

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by scooter1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was only a matter of time before the Hikers got a mention. Is the Bevendean still open, that was a little frayed around the edges the one time I went in there.
      The Westbourne on Portland Road was a horror show in its previous existance as the Aldrington and lastly the Whistle Stop at Portslade Station, the only pub I know with door staff on a Saturday afternoon(with the obviouse exception of the Sportsman)
      Good call on the Whistlestop. The Mill House in Portslade on its day was good for a fight. Although it now has new owners and seems much better.

Any pub on the side of a station is a potential. The Merry Munk in Lancing anyone?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
      Good call on the Whistlestop. The Mill House in Portslade on its day was good for a fight. Although it now has new owners and seems much better.

I was in there last night for the England game (as none of you *******s would help recommend me a decent boozer)... wasn't toooo bad but I still felt slightly out of place being the only one in there with all my teeth intact, put it that way.

1 Not allowed!
      the bar at Hotel du Vin. NAILS
      Originally posted by Trufflehound
      The Englishman says: "Just wash your hands after you've finished jacking off that greyhound please. We're hungry."

0 Not allowed!
      I went to Vavoom the other day and it was full of skinheads all eyeballing me!
      GAME OVER

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Man of Harveys View Post
      the bar at Hotel du Vin. NAILS
      Does anybody remember when it was the Berlin Bar. I was just 16 when I went in there but it had a bit of a dodgy atmosphere.
      Stop your grinning and drop your linen.
      Members Southover Street Seagull's Avatar
      New York Maximum Security Penitentiary Manhattan Island

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooli View Post
      It was a right characterless dump...not so much rough as dodgy.
      The thought of "Bert and his organ" always put me off.

Nastiest place I can think of was/is the Spread Eagle...shut down until further notice.

Don't know if it's coincident with the Spread Eagle closing but there were some right scruffy drunks with a Staffie cross and a kid in a buggy in the Napier watching England, they were asked to leave twenty mins or so after kick off.

When I worked at Hollingbury we'd avoid The Snipe to get to The Long Man, I was warned never to go there.
      I was in the Napier last night and saw these people it looked like the fourteen year old lad was in charge of a pisshead, a two year old and another scrote plus the dog! Some people are unbelievable!

Why was the Spread closed any idea?
      In the old days people used to be named after what they made didn't they?
      Like Carter if they made carts, Cooper if they made barrels and Thatcher if they made people sick!!!