This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not forgetting the Hikers.
    i thought that had closed down?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Les Biehn View Post
      The Junction in Burgess Hill. My sister used to go in there because she was mates with all the loons and they used to have regular lock ins where the entertainment was provided by a bouncer swinging his chainsaw around.
      Even in the days when it was the Royal George, the Junction was desperately shyte. But if possible, it got worse. My last experience of it was at Burgess Hill bonfire night a few years back. As the going home bus was picking us up from the Junction, a group of us wandered in after the fireworks and were greeted by the customary mayhem and as we stood at the bar getting a drink Lord B had the following, quite bizarre conversation:

Bloke at Bar: What you dressed up as?
      Lord B: Valencians
      Bloke at Bar: No you isn't. Because I from Valencia and we never dress like this!

At which point the conversation was cut short by an incident involving several glasses and a great deal of blood. Not that this bothered the bouncers or the bleeders.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooli View Post
      It was a right characterless dump...not so much rough as dodgy.
      The thought of "Bert and his organ" always put me off.

Nastiest place I can think of was/is the Spread Eagle...shut down until further notice.

Don't know if it's coincident with the Spread Eagle closing but there were some right scruffy drunks with a Staffie cross and a kid in a buggy in the Napier watching England, they were asked to leave twenty mins or so after kick off.

When I worked at Hollingbury we'd avoid The Snipe to get to The Long Man, I was warned never to go there.
      I used to like the Spreadmobile the beat up old transit they would use to transport alkies about in. The Spread was alright had many a good laugh in there.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      Many years ago there was The Ship on the Lewes Road, not far from the Royal Hussar, closed by police more times than I can remember.
      Shut for years, now opened as a religious centre for the college next door I believe.
      Had my first pint there
      WAS THAT THE ONE THAT HAD THE STRIPPERS ON SAT LUNCH TIME??
      GAME OVER

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by roz View Post
      Even in the days when it was the Royal George, the Junction was desperately shyte. But if possible, it got worse. My last experience of it was at Burgess Hill bonfire night a few years back. As the going home bus was picking us up from the Junction, a group of us wandered in after the fireworks and were greeted by the customary mayhem and as we stood at the bar getting a drink Lord B had the following, quite bizarre conversation:

Bloke at Bar: What you dressed up as?
      Lord B: Valencians
      Bloke at Bar: No you isn't. Because I from Valencia and we never dress like this!

At which point the conversation was cut short by an incident involving several glasses and a great deal of blood. Not that this bothered the bouncers or the bleeders.
      The Royal George and The Junction were actually different pubs. The Royal George no longer exists but was also a shite hole.
      Stop your grinning and drop your linen.
      Members
      Exiled in former Sussex town of Tunbridge Wells

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      Many years ago there was The Ship on the Lewes Road, not far from the Royal Hussar, closed by police more times than I can remember.
      Shut for years, now opened as a religious centre for the college next door I believe.
      Had my first pint there
      Saw my first stripper at The Ship - "Strip at The Ship" on Friday lunchtimes - used go go down there with my lecturers from Brighton Poly.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by countrygull View Post
      well there's a thing: I didn't know there was an Uncle Sam's in Patcham. What a useful thing NSC is. I shall visit there before my next match.
      The Uncle Sams is in a little parade next to The Snipe. It's more Hollingbury, but the locals like to say Patcham as it sounds posher

Regarding pubs, The Hussar always made me a bit anxious, but was good for watching boxing on the telly on a Saturday night. Going back to the 80's now though...

0 Not allowed!
      I thought the Ship and the Hussar were one and the same?
      Ragamuffin

0 Not allowed!
      The Kendal Arms
      Trevor Francis' mother was a whore

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      I thought the Ship and the Hussar were one and the same?
      Different and unique pubs

As posted elsewhere, the Ship was bought by Brighton University and is now to do with their religious arm, and The Hussar (AKA The Cock and Bottle) has become The Lectern, with a more studenty clientele