Roughest Pubs in Brighton

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Not a pub but, Volks Club down on Madeira drive?

I've seen them doormen confiscate cocaine off someone, then try and sell it to someone else later in the queue!

Also attracts LOTS of London folk into Drum and Bass (not always the friendliest bunch) - ended up there last summer after a night out with my brother and there was a HUGE fight outside between a group of Portuguese lads and some London lads. Bottles smashing over heads, someone ripped apart a road sign and used it as a weapon. All of a sudden someone shouts "GUN" heard this almighty banging noise. Turns out someone had a glass bottle in their coat pocket but had their hand in their suspiciously and the noise was them hurling it at the doorman and it hitting the metal shutters on the shopfronts.

Never a dull evening out there.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Many years ago there was The Ship on the Lewes Road, not far from the Royal Hussar, closed by police more times than I can remember.
Shut for years, now opened as a religious centre for the college next door I believe.
Had my first pint there:drink:

With you on that one. They used to have 'strippers' in there, OMG. Used to be more shouts of "get 'em on FFS!" than any encouragement. Rough as a Badgers arse.

The Neville in Hove used to be a bit on the lively side a few years back too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Misty's Bar in Church Road in Hove, sounds a bit dodgy going by the story in today's Argus.

Not heard of the place myself until today, anyone use this place?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Misty's Bar in Church Road in Hove, sounds a bit dodgy going by the story in today's Argus.

Used to until a couple of years ago. Bit lively but that's Hove FFS. Probably wouldn't raise an eyebrow in Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mentioned in the Argus story, a group of 10 men attacked another group last year, no one charged.
Did they have enough room to charge?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does the Hungry Years count as a pub. Paid a couple of visits in the late 70s and would always keep my head down as felt it could kick off at any time (music was good though)

I practically lived there on Friday and saturday nights (and many Sunday's), 1973-76. There was NEVER any trouble..... apart from the night after a game between the Albion and Cardiff . . . some silly Bluebirds tried to get it with . . . . a harpoon gun. :facepalm:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Think we may have had this conversation a few years ago? if not with you with someone else, did have great times though, back in the day :thumbsup:
Seemed full of gangsters to me haha. Expensively dressed blokes, smoking roll-ups :) saw 11 thousand quid on the bar one night after Brighton races. I had never seen so much cash in one place before then
After hours in the back was cool as well

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Live very close by - very often see people kicked out having a barney with security in the street - always a good welcome. Good if you're willing to take a chance on clientele though as they serve till 2in quiet Hove even on a weeknight,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here