Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So called Brighton fans who sang about Istanbul!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You should be fcuking ashamed of yourselves!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone who can be proved to have sung that should get a life ban.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
astonished any fans of this club would do that, thats terrible. Perhaps they would appreciate songs about our friend in the twin towers in response. Everyone deserves a second chance but please those responsible think about the possibility that friends and family of the deceased could have heard.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I was there and I have to say that I didn't hear it. However if it was sung, it is a disgrace.

CS

It's easy as I see it. Lets find out!
NSC members who have been to game are coming back as we speak

If any NSC posters sang the song today then will they have the "bottle" to post and explain why?
The first thing I want to ask them is why sing it in the ground (with all the security around) rather that a local pub?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have heard NSC members in the past sing pretty unsavoury songs, I don't think they mean it, just hear it at England games sung by right anuses, and repeat it. You know the types, those with no mind of their own.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've heard racism, sexism and plenty of other isms' at BHA matches from BHA fans so this does'nt surprise me!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I was there & I heard it. Made me ashamed to be an Albion fan tbh. Whoever you are: you are a f***ing disgrace. Do one, you morons :tosser:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I was there & I heard it. Made me ashamed to be an Albion fan tbh. Whoever you are: you are a f***ing disgrace. Do one, you morons :tosser:

TT

Lets move on.

We all do stupid things in our life's.

All I ask is that the twats who sang at least realise they were well out of order.

That includes puting your hand up and saying you fu@ked up.

The most importantant thing I think is puting your hand up, not continuing to carrying on being a coward like saying you "just" joined in with the song ;)

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
TT

Lets move on.

We all do stupid things in our life's.

All I ask is that the twats who sang at least realise they were well out of order.

That includes puting your hand up and saying you fu@ked up.

The most importantant thing I think is puting your hand up, not continuing to carrying on being a coward like saying you "just" joined in with the song ;)

Well if they didn't realise they were out of order at the time, I really don't see how they'll miraculously realise now. Made me sick to be anywhere near them today. With respect, I'll 'move on' when I'm ready. I'm still livid about it - & if I hear it coming out of the gobs of any of our support again in future I'll feel exactly the same. Shameful.

Last edited:

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
Thankfully the chant was fairly short lived because the majority of us have sense. Still no excuse for it though

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Well if they didn't realise they were out of order at the time, I really don't see how they'll miraculously realise now. Made me sick to be anywhere near them today. I'll move on when I'm ready btw: I'm still livid about now & if I hear it again in future coming out of the gobs of any of our support I'll feel exactly the same. Shameful.

TT

Between you and me.

I knew I was living in "cloud cuckoo" land when I thought some fans would change their minds about such offensive taunts.

I am a realist. Those fans will still be wanting to sing about "Instanbul" but from now on will be too frighetened to do so?
Doesnt seem to deal with the underlying problem as to why the fans needed to sing the song? Discuss

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
TT

Between you and me.

I knew I was living in "cloud cuckoo" land when I thought some fans would change their minds about such offensive taunts.

I am a realist. Those fans will still be wanting to sing about "Instanbul" but from now on will be too frighetened to do so?
Doesnt seem to deal with the underlying problem as to why the fans needed to sing the song? Discuss

Fair play to you Fazz. You'll have gathered I'm not in any frame of mind to discuss the whys & wherefore's of the matter at the mo' - but if others would like to, I think it could make for an interesting debate. It might even make some people take responsibility for their actions in future too..

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was one of them.

I also started the chant 2-0.

So what?

And don't give me this bollocks about "so-called" brighton fans. I bleed blue and white. It's offensive. It's only f***ing Leeds. They deserve it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here