Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF players - where are they now

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
I'd go along with that Lush.. I'm still drying out from walking up and down Mill Road with a bag full of programmes in the pouring rain!!!

Would ensure people are playing for the right reasons

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I agree with what People are saying about Playing Ability and people selling programmes,but DtG put a post on here last year about 3 months before the REMF game asking for people to turn up for a kick about and a bit of trainingif you were interested in playing in this game, and at the most there were only 12 of us that turned up every week,maximum.

So People do give up there time for these games in more ways than one.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'll be up for REMF3!!

I remember a training session at Hove that about 6 of us and a cameraman turned up to!

Stumpy Tim

The sequel is never as good as the original. We only lost the first game due to some horrendous defending, of which I lay total blame at the feet of TOTKM who was probably the worst player on the pitch. I would go as far saying dtg had a better game in goal & he was only on the pitch for 20 seconds:D

The front three of Stumpy, n1 "diving" gull, & sevenoaks were nothing short of mesmorising at times - and scouts from all sorts of Premiership clubs were alerted. Ultimately, TOTKM cost us the game & I therefore am shocked to see that he hasn't been banned from NSC forever.

That's my recollection of the evening anyway.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Stumpy Tim said:
The sequel is never as good as the original. We only lost the first game due to some horrendous defending, of which I lay total blame at the feet of TOTKM who was probably the worst player on the pitch. I would go as far saying dtg had a better game in goal & he was only on the pitch for 20 seconds:D

The front three of Stumpy, n1 "diving" gull, & sevenoaks were nothing short of mesmorising at times - and scouts from all sorts of Premiership clubs were alerted. Ultimately, TOTKM cost us the game & I therefore am shocked to see that he hasn't been banned from NSC forever.

cant argue with that.

On the note of ability wise, I agree that the first game was more a case of everyone coming together, which worked well. However, I think the games should be played more now on ability than giving everyone a game. As C.S said there were a few that didnt turn up to the training and then got to play in the match, or as Fatboy said at Victoria Park. If we have a system whereby we let everyone play we will get walloped again 5-1.
Im not evil master here either as I can count about 5 or 6 players who said exactly the same thing, before during and after last years game.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Lush said:
My personal view, given that the match is meant to raise money for the REMF - or at least break even (and there are costs involved in putting it on), is that ONLY PEOPLE WHO SELL 50 OR MORE PROGRAMMES SHOULD PLAY.

Wont this mean you will be playing with ..er sorry, in the..hole between the 2 strikers??

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:

I'm extremely hung over this morning so I won't even bother trying to think up a witty reply.

YOU :censored:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
EP Sam said:

Braders7 - What abuse has DTG given me in the programme for the last REMF game - I can't find my copy.
sam in ep-very talented tax dodger.he is our own ginger prince, who has a lot of skill but did wear a hat once to training !!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here