Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's alright folks. I got A's for my English language & literature GCSE's, and have an A-level in English language. I'm not going to be offended by someone slating my ability to write!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think Hart could be a useful back-up for a number of positions, particularly if he's willing to take a pay cut. :)
HOW ARE YOU. COME ON HERE AND TRY AND GET A PLAYER TO TAKE A PAY CUT. Whats he done to hurt you! . What a twat:p:p

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think you will find that the money offered to OGH this season will reflect how often MA intends to play him.

The Albion do NOT pay good money by League 1 standards, and this is evidenced by the fact that Darren Currie opted to take League 2 money from the Cheats for three years rather than sign for us for two. This is possibly also a factor why things are so quiet on the Westlake front, as he quite sensibly would rather rather pick up £7,000 a week in Leeds reserves than accept £1,200 a week playing for us.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Im still waiting for you to justify those comments. Or have you got a big area in your colouring in book you've got to finish first??:wave: When you attack someone on a forum and they pick you up on it, at least have the bollocks (if they dropped yet) to reply. You've done this to me before, not read a post, pick out a few words from it, and then start the name calling, and then not have balls to follow up on your words, which is why you're fast becoming the forums new 1066

What is there to justify? Posting to cause debate on message boards is one thing, but frequently repeating yourself in hope that the player reads it and acts on it I find sad, particularly when it's something unpleasant that's being said. Would you want someone announce you weren't good enough at your profession in an attempt to piss you off?

Perhaps "twat" was a little rash, although the posts since might help justify it regardless!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Im not going to fall either side of the "is he good enough" fence as I have not seen enough games to make judgement, but it is possible, based on some of Gary`s post on here that there was a falling out between him and Dean and that was the reason he was not picked, nothing to do with ability, just the fact Dean did not like him. Its happened before with other clubs and may have happened here

Reasoned reply.

But if he clearly still has the ability, I would have thought Adams would have had him signed up by now, even as cover. :shrug:

The fact that he hasn't suggests Adams hasn't been convinced yet as to his possible value to the squad.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As much as i've allways admired Gary Hart I really cant see what he can offer us now that we hav'nt got allready.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Im not going to fall either side of the "is he good enough" fence as I have not seen enough games to make judgement, but it is possible, based on some of Gary`s post on here that there was a falling out between him and Dean and that was the reason he was not picked, nothing to do with ability, just the fact Dean did not like him. Its happened before with other clubs and may have happened here
So Gary Hart thinks that why he wasn't picked. Nothing to do with the fact there are better players ahead of him in every position at the club. We've had a few players like that recently. None of them here now thankfully.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

True, reading between the lines in the comments from O'Callaghan, Reid, McFaul, Hart and also from other comments I have heard which are not in the public domain, that Wendy did have a communication problem with players and preferred to say nothing to them rather than explain his views to them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Reasoned reply.

The fact that he hasn't suggests Adams hasn't been convinced yet as to his possible value to the squad.

True, although DK is also holding the purse strings quite close to his chest, playing a game of 'chicken' with OGH in order to make him accept an offer that Harty would be reluctant to take in other circumstances.

No one is claiming that OGH or the Ginger Prince is an automatic first choice, but I think the assassination of their current abilities is also unnecessary.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
It's alright folks. I got A's for my English language & literature GCSE's, and have an A-level in English language. I'm not going to be offended by someone slating my ability to write!

Anyway, at the end of the day, I think Hart could be a useful back-up for a number of positions, particularly if he's willing to take a pay cut. :)

what do you want, a f***ing blue peter badge? no one cares what little worthless qualifications have you small girl

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What is there to justify? Posting to cause debate on message boards is one thing, but frequently repeating yourself in hope that the player reads it and acts on it I find sad, particularly when it's something unpleasant that's being said. Would you want someone announce you weren't good enough at your profession in an attempt to piss you off?

Perhaps "twat" was a little rash, although the posts since might help justify it regardless!
Frequently repeating??? Explain yourself. I said I dont think he's good enough. That's my, and by looking at this thread, many other peoples opinion of him today. It was only one post when you called me a twat?

What do you want. Everyone to only post things to make people happy.

Oh, he's a fine chap that Gary Hart, should be playing every week. Fine player!!

Is that what you want? How am I trying to piss him off? I posting my comments, negative granted, but does that make everyone on NSC a twat?

I like Gary Hart, and as I said in the post that made you label me a twat, I think he's a legend, and I hope his testimonal goes really well, because he deserves it.

Does that make me a twat? So if you know what there is to justify, try starting with that.

Cause if you have a A level in English, I think they should get you to read properly first, before handing them out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the assassination of their current abilities is also unnecessary.

Tho it's very much like the famous saying that 'All Political Careers End In Failure'.

OK, these are guys that have been playing football all their adult lives, and for a long time before that. Maybe they've not thought things through, and have no idea what they are going to be doing for the next 30 or so years til they reach retirement age. Must be a seriously scarey thought. Who could blame them for wanting to eke out that footballing career for another season. But it's only postponing the inevitable. Play on past your testimonial and you'll end your career with boos ringing in your ears. Nothing's surer. Surely better to bow out gracefully.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Mr Burns, I'm with you all the way here:bowdown:

We have seen the best of Harty, I really don't see what we get by signing him for another year. He has been an Albion hero and I don't want to see him languishing in the reserves just in case we have an injury crisis, and then to be quietly dumped in a year.

And I will be at Withdean next week to give him the respect he deserves.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
True, reading between the lines in the comments from O'Callaghan, Reid, McFaul, Hart and also from other comments I have heard which are not in the public domain, that Wendy did have a communication problem with players and preferred to say nothing to them rather than explain his views to them.
I think's main problem was, is that he would pick his squad, and then work exclusivly with that group, leaving anyone outside that sqaud to train seperately. You'll notice is was only the players not getting a game that chirped up. Look at Forsters reaction when Dean got the bullet. He was quite shocked. And I think O'Callaghan's rant was aimed at Dick Knight, and not Dean Wilkis, although I may be wrong.

Dean Wilkins stuided and treated each game seperately, so would work with his squad for a day or two before each game, giving everyone their 'orders'. Players outside that group, didn't need to be involved, and weren't.

Not everyones way of doing things, but it worked for Wilkins, and lets be fair 7th in the table, suggested it did work as well.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Mr Burns, I'm with you all the way here:bowdown:

We have seen the best of Harty, I really don't see what we get by signing him for another year. He has been an Albion hero and I don't want to see him languishing in the reserves just in case we have an injury crisis, and then to be quietly dumped in a year.

And I will be at Withdean next week to give him the respect he deserves.
And so will I, but judging by Withdean Wanders childish ramblings, you'd think I hate the bloke, not simply believe he's not good enough to warrant a place in whats starting to look like quite a strong squad

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's funny how you seem to think he had some communication problem when every player you listed had no future with the club.I think you have been reading to much into it.I call it sour grapes.Try listing some names that are still at the club.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And so will I, but judging by Withdean Wanders childish ramblings, you'd think I hate the bloke, not simply believe he's not good enough to warrant a place in whats starting to look like quite a strong squad

I think Mr B if you had said that originally you would have had a more reasoned response.

My view is that if we can get a better player for the money being offered to him then we should sign him. However, I suspect that there are relatively few who fall into that category, and therefore I would rather have a tried and trusted OGH than paying out wages for someone who could be the next Shane McFaul.

As for the OGH and Wendy fallout, I think that Harty was reasonably circumspect in his comments both in the Argus and on NSC. He was upset that he came back into the side when (I think) Whing was injured/suspended, played reasonably well, and then wasn't even on the bench or spoken to by Wendy when AW returned. Players are human, and although you may be from the McGregor Theory Y camp when it comes to HRM, I personally think that man management is a very important skill, especially when dealing with trying to get the extra 1% out of players which could be the difference between a win and a draw.

There is a very good interview with Dave Kitson in this month's 442. He said that there is very little difference between players in the Conference and those in League 1 and 2, but it is that small difference that comes from either the players themselves or the managers motivating skills that can bring promotion from mid season mediocrity.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's funny how you seem to think he had some communication problem when every player you listed had no future with the club.I think you have been reading to much into it.I call it sour grapes.Try listing some names that are still at the club.

The nature of the dressing room is that in general what happens in the club stays in the club until someone leaves. I can only go from what I have heard from one of the players at the club who has played under a large number of managers during his career, and whose opinion I have found to be generally reasoned and objective. The comments from Reid et al only support these comments.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I would like to say that Harty has not conducted himself well twice recently - firstly slagging Dean off because he wasn't picked and secondly why speak to a fan down the marina and say that about a contract - i'm sure Dick won't be impressed with that - i would also like to say thankyou to Dean Wilkins - Kerry Mayo - Sam Rents and Guy Butters - they have all left the club and not slagged anyone off - true proffessional - unlike Paul Reid and Gary Hart

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here