Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Fast Can You Pass Your Drivin Test?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
the problem with nsc is that everyone likes to boast and lie about stuff, so obviously you all passed with your eyes closed without having any lessons, but come on lets be honest with the person asking for help. i challenge someone to come on here and honestly say it took them 7 tests before they passed...

My sister did 6, but she doesn't post on here....

I still have my printout from the test somewhere if you're doubting me, mind :p

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I passed first time.

Nobody was more surprised than my driving instructor at the time. The look on his face was sheer disbelief.

I was a shithouse driver, and was only put in for the test for the experience. But we all know you don't really learn to drive until you've passed your test anyhow.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I passed without EVER having been in a car on test number MINUS 10 and got 387% on my theory test. All about man and machine innit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It took me 3 attempts before passing. It helps to know the circuits that the examiners use , which your driving instructor should have an inkling of. Dont accept a change of test venue , I failed my second test as it was moved from Brighton to Hove and didn't have time to familiarise myself with the roads over there. Put in for a third test shortly afterwards in Brighton and passed (3 point turn was in Wiston Road - I used to live in Twineham Road , the next road down , so knew the width of the road perfectly after years of playing football in the street)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
i used a local instructor, had 3xlessons per week for a month or so and plenty of practice with my dad. went down to 1 lesson a week with instructor to perfect manovers. passed in 3 months..

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i passed first time - it wasnt without its struggles though, ankle ligament damage and a heart attack to my driving instructor, NOT caused by me i hasten to add, meant it took around a year for me

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
It took my 36 hours and i passed first time

There's no point setting a target for the amount of lessons before your test, as you'll only pressure yourself.

Experience is the key.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What about the slowest?

I've had more than 70 lessons and couldn't get anywhere near the standard to even take the test. I've now given up as I see little point in splunking my dosh on something that I'll never be able to do.

Beat that.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I had about 30-35 lessons I think over quite a while. Passed 2nd time

Happy with that

Wish I'd had a motorway lesson which I think should be compulsory (maybe it is these days?)

Wish I'd had a motorway lesson which I think should be compulsory (maybe it is these days?)

No they aren't, and they can't be, as learner drivers aren't allowed on motorways. Should have a mandatory bit of duel carriageway driving though, I agree. That stuff gets taught on advanced driving courses which more and more young drivers seem to be taking now as a way of lowering their car insurance.

I had about 35 lessons and passed fourth (yes FOURTH) time. And, as I frequently tell my friends & family, all the best drivers pass fourth time ;)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They're starting to try to bring dual carriageway driving in to the test here - I had to do a mile or so on mine, and you get marked down for not doing the speed limit if possible.

But theres still lots of test centres in rural areas where theres no duallers, or in very urban areas where theres only very-urban dual carriageway with 50kmh limits, so they can't do it everywhere.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I passed on my 9th, yes nineth test. Anyone had more attempts than this?

girl at my uni also took nine - anybody who takes more than that deserves a MEDAL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here