Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport boss Jim Gannon in SKY protest...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
We all know about famous modern managers refusing to speak to television stations because of perceived wrongs in their coverage - but what about Stockport boss Jim Gannon? He, reportedly, is not cooperating with Sky before the club's play-off League Two play-off final against Rochdale because of a nine-month customer relations dispute over his defective Sky box

Go Jim! :lolol: :lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Maybe we could do that and then they can sort ours out too ???

MILES better than Smergin though

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I had a similar problem with my dish. After many phone calls I told Sky to stick it and cancelled my direct debit immediately. Sure enough they tried to take more money from my account and got really upset.
Dont get mad get even:thumbsup:

Incidentally I dont miss it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
....nice one, the small man strikes back.

I am about to enter a battle with the Royal Bank of Scotland over the terms of a mortgage, also thinking about going to the Financial Ombudsman with the problem, I am in the right and this could cost the bank a fair wad if they have already done to others what they are trying to do to me.

It is time that big companies and institutions learned that they cannot ride roughshod over their customers and get away with it.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I saw this earlier and had a little smile to myself.

Good for Gannon, I hope he sticks to his guns and Sky learn the lesson that if you screw enough people over sooner or later it will come back to haunt you

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Was reading in the Morning Advertiser (the pub trade paper) the other day that more and more pubs are cancelling their Sky subscription due to the cost. Sky will eventual learn that they cannot keep putting the prices up and hoping that it everyone keeps paying.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good on that man:lolol:

PrioryRoad

May 20, 2008
David James started a post match interview then stopped and told the interviewer why he stopped " sky have told me they come come out till next month to fix my box".

They duely arrived while he was at a youth project the next morning and forgot to leave a calling card.. :clap:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
classic, hate to say it but with the bad PR i could see sky vans racing to his house already to sort it out

This has been dragging on for about 9 months now. He had a problem with his service apparently and now sky owe him money and are refusing to give it back.

And being Irish I doubt Jimbo will back down simply for a freebie.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Was reading in the Morning Advertiser (the pub trade paper) the other day that more and more pubs are cancelling their Sky subscription due to the cost. Sky will eventual learn that they cannot keep putting the prices up and hoping that it everyone keeps paying.

yea the price is rediculous, the pub Im working at they charge just under 2k a month

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nearly two grand a month, that is a huge amount for a smaller pub, no wonder people are cancelling.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I think that may be close to the funniest thing I have ever heard! (They dont let me out much)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I've worked in several pubs that have been royally screwed over by the ludicrous amount of money Sky charges.

They build up a regular stream of punters who use the place to enjoy the games they can't watch at home and then suddenly Sky whack the rates up yet again to an amount the pub simply cannot afford. The subscription goes and so do the disappointed customers.

When I was living out in the sticks my village had just 4 pubs and only one of them had a Sky subscription which was paid for by a local millionaire who wanted to watch his beloved Birmingham City in the pub with his mates. When the landlord and the minted regular had a fall out the Sky was long gone and to this day you cannot watch a game of football in any pub in the village which means you are forced to DRIVE somewhere else to catch a live game, and with buses or trains sadly not an option you know full well that some of these fans are driving pissed simply because they can't catch the footy down a local boozer.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've worked in several pubs that have been royally screwed over by the ludicrous amount of money Sky chargers.

They build up a regular stream of punters who use the place to enjoy the games they can't watch at home and then suddenly whack the rates up yet again to an amount the pub simply cannot afford. The subscription goes and so do the disappointed customers.

When I was living out in the sticks my village had just 4 pubs and only one of them had a Sky subscription which was paid for by a local millionaire who wanted to watch his beloved Birmingham City in the pub with his mates. When the landlord and the minted regular had a fall out the Sky was long gone and to this day you cannot watch a game of football in any pub in the village which means you are forced to DRIVE somewhere else to catch a live game, and with buses or trains sadly not an option you know full well that some of these fans are driving pissed simply because they can't catch the footy down a local boozer.

If you can AFFORD a night in the pub a week you can AFFORD to pay for SKY sports a month

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here