• Yes

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Your poll looks uncannily like the Bulawayo voting slip
:thumbsup:

I'm going for a 98% landslide in his favour (they like big numbers in Zimbabwe, what with unemployment at 80% and inflation at 100,000%)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
He'll fix it entirely, and still only manage to scrape about 55% IMHO, but still that'll do the job*

*By this I obviously mean kick-start the Kenya-style riots.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
At least he's starting to be challenged by people within Zanu PF. Could be just for show though. I work with a couple of Zimbabweans. I can't imagine what it must be like to see your homeland die like that and have to move abroad.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone think that if there was OIL in Zimbabwe, we might have seen some kind of action from the US/Britain against a tyrant who is shamelessly starving half of his own people to death? Not to mention all the others he's had killed?

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I don't think we would. The trouble is with our colonial past in Africa and also the fact that Mugabe has quite a few allies among other Leaders. You need some strong support in the region. Saudi Arabia was happy to back us up agaiants Irag. No African country would want us to go in to Zimbabwe. But I think it's more to do with us not wanting to be seen like we're reasserting our past colonial military muscle. It really needs countries in Africa to do something.

What do you mean 'will' he win - he already has.....

My other half is from Zim (Rhodesia) and we had some friends staying last night who are some of the last white farmers in the country.

The only reason they are still there is that they HAD to join ZANU PF or else!

Having been many times it is a wonderful country which has been destroyed by an absolute tirant and the sooner he is no more the better for ALL the people of Zimbabwe

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think we would. The trouble is with our colonial past in Africa and also the fact that Mugabe has quite a few allies among other Leaders. You need some strong support in the region. Saudi Arabia was happy to back us up agaiants Irag. No African country would want us to go in to Zimbabwe. But I think it's more to do with us not wanting to be seen like we're reasserting our past colonial military muscle. It really needs countries in Africa to do something.

a refreshly point of view. people who shout about if there was oil blah blah dont seem to grasp the wider politics. there are other valuable natrual resources there and the old wheat exports werent too shabby either (similar claims are made about Sudan, which apparently does actually have oil and other resources too). fact is South Africa and neighbouring countries have been hostile to any european/US backed intervention yet dont seem willing to get involved themselves.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I can't believe there's a poll about this - OF COURSE he will win. It's a fix. Even if he does get voted out he's had an extra x million voting papers printed so those will come in to play.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That was the whole point and why the only options were 'yes'.

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Zimbabwe votes: At a glance

1430 GMT Radcliffe, near Kwekwe: Georgina says: "I went to four different polling stations in the area and my name was not on any of the voters' rolls, even though I checked two weeks ago to make sure, and my name was on the voters' register then.

My grandmother's name was on the roll but she was told she could not vote this time, even though she has voted in all previous elections - she is 78. However, seven members of my family who have all passed away were on the list, including my uncle, who died a week ago and was an MDC member of parliament.

This is very disturbing for us. But we are not the only ones. Out of the four polling stations I went to, I would say half of all the people who turned up were turned away. They still took everyone's names however, including my neighbours.

I was hoping to vote for Morgan Tsvangirai and I am afraid they will attribute my vote to Zanu-PF. The same thing must be happening across the country and it will probably mean another Zanu-PF victory. It's very sad."

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
a refreshly point of view. people who shout about if there was oil blah blah dont seem to grasp the wider politics. there are other valuable natrual resources there and the old wheat exports werent too shabby either (similar claims are made about Sudan, which apparently does actually have oil and other resources too). fact is South Africa and neighbouring countries have been hostile to any european/US backed intervention yet dont seem willing to get involved themselves.

There is still a mis-guided sense of loyalty that comes out of S.A. because of the support Mugabe gave to people like Thabo Nbeki and maybe even more importantly his father Govan,who did so much alongside people like Tambo, Sisulu and Mandela.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
sooner he is dead the better

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could all kick off very shortly...

(BBC today)

Zimbabwe's government and electoral chiefs have warned the main opposition MDC it should not declare an early victory in the presidential poll.

The MDC, which has repeatedly expressed fears of rigging, has started to quote unofficial returns, saying it has 67% of the vote so far and "has won".

The electoral commission said it was "concerned" at the "purported" results.

The information minister accused the MDC of "speculation and lies" and "causing unnecessary havoc".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Deputy Information Minister Bright Matonga said if results from Saturday's election showed a second round was necessary, Mr Mugabe would stand.

"President Mugabe is going to fight to the last, and he's not giving up, he's not going anywhere, he hasn't lost the election," said Mr Matonga.

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Zimbabwe police 'raid MDC office'

Edit: Just noticed the vote rigging. Well done Mods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here