Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest V Brighton

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I didn't think it was that one sided - i managed to get a good jist of the game whenever i listened to it.

Of course they pronounced names wrong, most commentators get a few wrong in every team!

Agree with that.

I thought they were pretty complimentary about us and League One in general.

Collymore's a pretty good summariser I think.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Collymore's a pretty good summariser I think.

All opinion obviously, but I thought Collymore was as dull as ditchwater and the whole production seemed rather disjointed.

IMO they'd be better off having the kind of format you see on Soccer Saturday where there isn't just one 'featured game', but rather they update everything as required and maybe have reporters at 5 or 6 different games without really focusing on any one of them.

To me, they were trying to combine that kind of thing with focusing on our game, but it ended up with the 'featured game' ended up feeling like a sideshow because they cut away from it far too often and so couldn't maintain the flow of commentary properly.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
An excellent point away and now everything is set for a win at Leeds.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Have just passed the Costa express on the M25 doing about 40mph!! We went back to friends in Bridgford, had some tea and left at 640!
Ashamed to say I realised it was my first away of the season. Really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere-the Brighton fans were terrific. At the end the players and staff all came over and it was as though we had won. Andy Whing was in with us (hero) and looked to be enjoying it. The players got him to come on the pitch at the end. It was a really gutsy display today, especially the back 5. Racon was immense in midfield and Cox looked dangerous first half.
PG

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
It seems that they gave the impression Forest deserved the win. This was not the case and I think on reflection of the game they will be relatively content with a point.

Did they also mention that the ref was a total **** on 5 live

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
The only thing that annoyed me was that it looked like they had done no research on the Brighton team at all. Steve Thompson was described as Glaswegian at one point.

That statement's a bit ironic when you've mis-spelt his name and he is from Glasgow.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
At the end the players and staff all came over and it was as though we had won.

Yes, I wondered if I'd had too many beers, and forgotten us actually scoring a goal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here