Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the legal requirement for Steward to Fans Ratio?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't you think we are just doing a job? If you lot in H & J obeyed the ground regulations stewards wouldn't have to go into the stands at all.

Granted, but do you think stewards saying "f***ing sit down" is an approptiate use of language for someone employed by the club?

Don't you think we are just doing a job? If you lot in H & J obeyed the ground regulations stewards wouldn't have to go into the stands at all.

Yes, but common sense should tell you that starting at the back of the stand to tell people to sit down is the wrong way to do it. Start at the front and the biggest objection people come up with for standing is gone. Not exactly rocket science is it?

I have no objection to the stewards, I think they do a good job, albeit unnoticed by the majority unless they are having a pop at people, and for very little reward. It's a bit of a hiding to nothing isn't it? There's no excuse for the stewards to be aggressive towards fans though, no excuse at all for swearing at fans.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Granted, but do you think stewards saying "f***ing sit down" is an approptiate use of language for someone employed by the club?

I have been accused of swearing at people before but when we have to go into the stands the mic is open to our supervisor so they can hear what is said and the cctv is on us when we have to go up so i take that comment with a pinch of salt.

Saying that i agree it is totally unacceptable to be swearing at our paying customers and it's something i would never do.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Yes, but common sense should tell you that starting at the back of the stand to tell people to sit down is the wrong way to do it. Start at the front and the biggest objection people come up with for standing is gone. Not exactly rocket science is it?

I have no objection to the stewards, I think they do a good job, albeit unnoticed by the majority unless they are having a pop at people, and for very little reward. It's a bit of a hiding to nothing isn't it? There's no excuse for the stewards to be aggressive towards fans though, no excuse at all for swearing at fans.

Couldn't agree more about the swearing.

When we have to go up we do start at the front of the block and work back the trouble is the persistant few who do it just to wind the stewards up.

Couldn't agree more about the swearing.

When we have to go up we do start at the front of the block and work back the trouble is the persistant few who do it just to wind the stewards up.

Of course there are always a few that believe they have the divine right to do what they want as they've paid to get in!

However I would argue to at being asked to sit before the people in front of me had sat down. I know it's a catch 22 for you guys, but it sounds like the only answer is to get tougher. If people refuse to sit down ask them to leave!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Of course there are always a few that believe they have the divine right to do what they want as they've paid to get in!

However I would argue to at being asked to sit before the people in front of me had sat down. I know it's a catch 22 for you guys, but it sounds like the only answer is to get tougher. If people refuse to sit down ask them to leave!

All the ground regs are outside the turnstiles and on the back of the tickets so they know the regs.

I always start at the front if i have to go up into the stands we can try and be tougher but don't want to annoy the fans to much.

All i want is a quiet life and to get on with my job not have aggresive people threatening me, swearing at me, spitting at me etc.

We don't get paid a lot and sometimes i wonder if it's worth it?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I have to ask about the "fluid" that the stewards are drinking. If this is water alone, then why was steam rising from the top of the cups?

I pointed this out the other day but was told that i didn't know what i was talking about and it proves my ignorance on the subject.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I pointed this out the other day but was told that i didn't know what i was talking about and it proves my ignorance on the subject.

We are only allowed to drink water.

I personally have never had a hot drink whilst on duty but i am sure a few people have sneaked them.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Well that’s fair enough but to be told that I’m lying even though I clearly saw it was a bit surreal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here