Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we will be in the prem or knocking on the door in the next 5-7 years

Where will the club be in 5+ years?

• Premiership - Already booking travelodge Old trafford!

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Championship - Knocking on playoffs & door to the top

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Championship - Mid table

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Nice new ground that we cant fill in league one or worse - Boooooooo

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Success is what will bring the fans in...not just a new ground...that will get the initial interest...

The new ground wont be like the goldstone that big gates flocked just for the atmosphere and it didnt matter what league we were in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's MOULSECOOMB... and the stadium is nowhere near Coldean; Stanmer is nearer but the Moulsecoomb and Stanmer stadium doesn't have the same ring.

The scary thing is that the Hiker's Rest will be the nearest pub (if the Swan really does close down) - that will be a nice greeting for away fans.
Moulescombe is the original spelling , so for Brightonians now in their 70s and 80s this is how they would spell it. :lol:

being realistic with the parachute money for sides dropping down to the championship being £50m at the mo, how will any other league side compete with this resource. We will need that sum and more to get into the play offs, let along get into the prem and let alone stay in the prem

We could be talking budgets of £100m just to outcompete a west brom or birmingham.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
A new stadium is no guarentee of success. Look at huddersfield !!
Exactly. I honestly think there are going to be alot of disappointed people when we get the stadium and don't automatically start spending millions on players or rocket up the leagues. For years we've been hearing about the tight budget and inability to pay good wages, with the excuse being (quite rightly as well) the Falmer black hole. What is going to be different when we get there? There is going to be a massive debt to service, that will be the new black hole. To me all this is to be expected, but what about all the moaners and whingers who have been promised spending power once we move to the promised land, it's bad enough as it is without a ground. You just know the comments on here and the argus are going to be the binfest to end all binfests, much worse than we have now I'd imagine.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A new stadium is no guarentee of success. Look at huddersfield !!

that said i think we will be championship level flirting with the playoffs

to be fair, when Steve Bruce was manager. Town were 15 points clear at Christmas in the Championship and only neede a draw at Fulham to get to the Premiership( lost 3-0 in one of the most depessing days I have ever had at football!)

The stadium is financed mostly by the Rugby League Club ( played in the Super League since its inception) and regularily get decent gates. If it wasnt for them, then Yes, HTFC could not sustain the stadium on the gates they get.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I've been saying for a long time that we will be in the Premier League within three years of moving into the new stadium. My guess is that we will start the 2013/14 in the Premier League. We have the pedigree and the support. We won't have to build up our fan base year-on-year like Reading did.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've been saying for a long time that we will be in the Premier League within three years of moving into the new stadium. My guess is that we will start the 2013/14 in the Premier League. We have the pedigree and the support. We won't have to build up our fan base year-on-year like Reading did.

Without wishing to be overly negative, I'm afraid that is complete fantasy.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Given time, continuing (and hopefully building on) the success of the youth structure and if we can find out Boothroyd/Megson to manage we can build into a reasonable Championship side but I don't think we have the support, even with a full Falmer to do any better than a Watfordesque suicide mission in the Premier League.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In common with many other lower league clubs who've built new stadiums in recent years, I expect us to be in a similar league position, with similar crowds and most likely in Administration.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
no way - IF we get an investor it will be of the madjeski-type, and look how long it took reading to get there

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Once we are in Falmer I reckon we might well see a successful period for the albion. 2 championships and another promotion with 3 years in the 2nd flight ,whilst other supposedly more stable clubs are going into administration, and all during the 10 hardest years in the club's history? I think we could be unstoppable with a brand new stadium and new investors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here