Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF - Coaching for Hope in Africa

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
p46321561.jpg

As most of you know, just over a year ago, the REMF started to sponsor the Coaching for Hope project. This project, which is the driven by the Albion, has Fatboy Slim (Norman Cook), as its Patron. Coaching For Hope teaches kids, in various parts of Africa, football and Aids/HIV awareness. Most of these youngsters are orphans whose parents have been taken by this dreadful virus.

Two of the Albion trainers, Jake Naish and Darren Teague, have been heavily involved in this project which started in Mali but now also includes Burkina Faso. The package we are giving trains one of the local people to become a trainer and provide the necessary footballs, shirts, literature etc which are passed on to the kids, for a year. Most of them have very little and something as simple as a t-shirt with the Albion seagull badge , and REMF and SKINT logos on, provides them with something which they will live and sleep in. We have had permission to show the photograph below of Linda Kaboré, who received one of the shirts.

More information about this project can be found at the CFH website,
http://www.coachingforhope.org/
What I wanted to bring to everyone is the sort of diversity that the REMF is now involved in and the hope and happiness that you are helping to bring. When you see notices for the Albion v. Palace matches and the Charity Golf days, all of the money that you unselfishly part with, brings a small amount of comfort to those who are less fortunate.

Tony……

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A mate of mine is working for Coaching for hope in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. He's really enjoying it and the it's all going really well out there. Fantastic that the REMF can help causes like this.

60017.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Great work Tony. Coaching for Hope are having a presentation with The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund on the pitch at half time 1/5/3 V Doncaster Rovers when Douglas Eaton will present the Coaching for Hope team with the second £ 1000 grant.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Properly tremendous stuff.

Its why we are happy to give of our efforts and cash.

I'm currently weighing up whether I have the energy and time available to run the 6-a-side tournament again this summer, but this has me leaning strongly towards a 'yes', with CFH as the beneficiary [as they were through the REMF last year]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I'm currently weighing up whether I have the energy and time available to run the 6-a-side tournament again this summer, but this has me leaning strongly towards a 'yes', with CFH as the beneficiary [as they were through the REMF last year]

I'd definitely be up for that, was a great day last year.

:clap2::clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

i am happy to help organise this with you Simon

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ade, Brett.

Much obliged.

I reckon we should do this then. Between the 3 of us we'll make it bigger and even better than last year.

We'll have a proper think about it when Brett gets back from Cuba.

Cheers :thumbsup:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
This is absolutely fantastic Tony: great photos and wonderful work being done. I shall now go straight away and give some money to the TalkSport lady for her marathan.
Well done one and all

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably the best thing to ever come out of NSC was REMF.

To all who did anything towards this whether it was organising, participating or donating you all deserve a huge pat of the back - well done everyone you have made a huge difference to many lives.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Probably the best thing to ever come out of NSC was REMF.

To all who did anything towards this whether it was organising, participating or donating you all deserve a huge pat of the back - well done everyone you have made a huge difference to many lives.

I agree. :bowdown::clap:

It's fantastic to see the pics and feel associated with this tremendous work. Great effort troops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here