Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'callaghan "a raving lunitic"

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sounds a bit up himself. I'm glad he didn't come back on loan now.
Shame he doesn't have anywhere near the ability to match either Barton or Best :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Former Blue George O'Callaghan says a reputation for being “a mix between Joey Barton and George Best” meant that he found it impossible to find a new club in England after leaving Town. The Irishman returned to Cork City on a three-year deal last week.

O'Callaghan told the Irish press: “People see me as a mix between Joey Barton and George Best. My first day in England, someone from the FAI, I won't say who, rang up Ipswich and asked them why they'd signed me, saying I was a bad egg. It came to the stage in England that clubs didn't really want to go near me.
“Dennis Wise told my agent that he wanted me but he'd heard I was a raving lunatic. When Dennis Wise is saying that about you, you haven't got a hope.”

The midfielder says he decided to return to Cork some while ago: “I'd made my mind up to come back early on, especially with Rico [former manager Damien Richardson] going.

“I knew [new boss] Alan [Mathews] was taking over then. And to be fair, things weren't going so well at Ipswich. I didn't want to go down to a League One team. I've missed playing at the Cross.

"I've missed the lads as well, so it's nice to be back and it's like I've never been away really. They know what I'm like, so there's been no problem at all.”

The 28-year-old spent much of the first half of the season on loan at Brighton but that ended after he criticised chairman Dick Knight: “I hammered the chairman in a press interview. I wanted to come home. Ipswich are a fantastic club and if I wasn't going to get to play with them, I wasn't going to stay. I improved as a player there.

“But I'm one of those players that has to be loved. I didn't have that at Ipswich. When that doesn't happen, my heart isn't in it, and I lost interest.”

O'Callaghan made five starts and eight sub appearances in a year with the Blues, scoring one goal.

The more I hear about that utter twat, the less I like him.

Does anyone else feel 'cheated' by actually liking that idiot at one time? True, it was only for a couple of decent kicks of the leather balloon, but what a complete schizo!
He KNEW he had a reputation, and that clubs disliked him for reasons other than football - yet he underlined that by going after a chairman who has a most excellent well-earned profile in the league. :shootself
Dick Knight must be well-known among the people in football, as a decent and fair man who really has grafted from ground level to maintain an historic club. It canNOT have gone unnoticed among the 92 league clubs, what he has fought to achieve at Brighton.

Who the **** does o'c THINK he is??
It defies belief really. What a specTACULAR arsehole.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Probably not coming back here then :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here