Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Bad Idea - We Want To Win The Game

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Not Sure - torn between winning and raising money

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Bit of a money raising idea. Had thought about trying to do this for bike riding sponsorship

My idea was trying to get an Albion Legends 11 to play a 45 minute game against the fans.
Each position would be auctioned off, there for raising money and getting to play against legends

It was too much work at short notice so it did go through with it.

So my thoughts now are that we could Auction Off each position for the starting 11, and it would raise a fair bit. Ok the squad/team may not be as strong - but maybe just use that team for the 1st half

If it goes well it could end up raising £400ish

GK - £40
RB - £20
LB - £20
CB - £30
CB - £30
RM - £30
LM - £30
CM - £40
CM - £40
FW - £50
FW - £50

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good idea, who would be responsible for getting an Albion Legends 11 together though ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But then we could get 11 , 40 something wheezy old men who had bid the highest, don't we want the strongest team possible ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats because you team is poor Kev

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
But then we could get 11 , 40 something wheezy old men who had bid the highest, don't we want the strongest team possible ?.

Was just a thought, hence the POLL - I reckon we would get more money for each position anyway. If both teams did it, it would probably raise in the region of a grand, that was my thinking anyway

But if you want the best players, you have to make sure they have the £££

If not, maybe have a squad of 20, with 6 of the places being auctioned off, with everyone guaranteed 15 mins play or summink

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm all up for playing left back, but you'll have to pay me more than £20 Brett.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I''d be up for trying to put together this legends game.

I'm sure someone at the club could contact some 'legends' and maybe if we were really lucky we'd be able to get Mark Lawrenson in for some publicity from the BBC.

I think it would be best to auction of the starting positions,maybe on ebay with reviewed starting bids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here