Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer Help Needed!!

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
i downloaded msn 6 but can't get rid of msn 4 or whatever it was. i go to the file i saved it in but it says

cannot delete msgsc.dll: access is denied. make sure the disk is nto full or write-protected and that the file is currently not in use.

what can i do to delete this. i think everytime msn starts, the 4. vesion comes up and i can't stop it. help please!!
:rolleyes:

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
that's already unticked. it seems that msn is running all the time even when i don't know i'm online. when i open msn 6, i get a message saying i've been signed out of messenger becasue i'm signing in elsewhere and then msn 6 comes up. is this a lost case? it's just very anoying!
:(

norfett

Banned
Jul 4, 2003
also, in tools > options > preferences (on msnger 4 main window) remove the tick from "allow this program to run in the background"

That should sort it, I think you can remove it completely from the Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components. section of that...

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
i've tried to delete it in remove programs but it's not there! just an add in for it. deleted that anyway and unclicked the box. will see wht happens. cheers
:thumbsup2

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
this is not working. just signed into msn again and i get a message saying i'm signing out of the old one when the icon isn't in the bottom left tray and i know nothing about being online!! this is really gay. what can i do? i really want to delete the file with the old msn but it won't let me. any way to over-ride it?
:shootself

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
damn microsoft

i have the same problem with it, but it doesnt bother me, i just leave it shut, it just appears in the system tray, thats all

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
doesn't even appear in the system tray though so i can't tell if people thing i'm online or not. so if i leave my computer on i come back with all these msn messages trying to have a chat. it's just pretty anoying!

bald rover

Nov 26, 2006
Try re-installing msn4 then using its own uninstall program before re-installing msn6 that should do the trick failing that do a system restore back before you put msn6 on and at least youll have a fully functioning messenger!!!

:clap:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Use task manager (right click on the task bar). Click the processes tab, search for messenger, use the end process button. Search for the dll and delete it. Do a fresh install of MSN 6. Should all then be sorted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here