Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Ernest said:
How will Knight get anyone to finance the stadium when we won't be able to fill Withdean ?
No investor or finance company will put a penny piece into the club all the time Knight is there acting like it is his personal toy.
Knight out and then problem solved, it's that simple.
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to this pillock again - since he completely ignored my last post about the cost and necessity of the second planning application relating to the Falmer access arrangements.

But no matter.

The Public Inquiry spent weeks looking at the viability of the stadium financing. John Prescott won't give planning permission if it can't be built - and he needs to be convinced that the finance is there.

If - after reviewing the Inspector's report and all the evidence presented at the Inquiry - Prescott concludes that Ernest is right about there being no investors or finance houses prepared to put a penny into the club while Dick Knight is there, I will personally pay for Ernest's season ticket for next season.

berkshire seagull said:
Yeah roberts was a good signing!
We all new these players where average and they just fitted into our unit.
Come on these players wouldn't be on the target list for many clubs would they,so maybe instead of rushing such huge contracts it should have been 1 year and give them something to fight for unlike now as they are taking the piss.:smokin:

The same 1 year contract that Coppell had? And how slated was Knight for not making that longer?

At the end of the day, if you've got experience in running a professional football club, I might start to believe you. As I said, it's ver easy to criticise other decisions when you know you've got no chance of ever making them yourself.

We're all frustrated after a heavy home defeat and a very bad run like this. But constantly looking towards the chairman is pathetic. We are solvent, 1-2 months away from a new stadium being granted and 7th in the league. Not bad for a club that doesn't own it's own ground, makes no income from matchdays apart from ticket sales and can only get 6800 paying customers.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I can see clearly that my points are pointless and what i say is pure shite.

Funny thing is this could go on forever and even funnier is the fact that knight will be our chairman for a very long time and its best leave this to another day until falmer is built.:lolol:

thanks for a good argue troops it helps on a lazy sunday morning:clap2: :blush:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Lord Bracknell said:
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to this pillock again - since he completely ignored my last post about the cost and necessity of the second planning application relating to the Falmer access arrangements.

But no matter.

The Public Inquiry spent weeks looking at the viability of the stadium financing. John Prescott won't give planning permission if it can't be built - and he needs to be convinced that the finance is there.

If - after reviewing the Inspector's report and all the evidence presented at the Inquiry - Prescott concludes that Ernest is right about there being no investors or finance houses prepared to put a penny into the club while Dick Knight is there, I will personally pay for Ernest's season ticket for next season.

Get your cheque book ready then :salute:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just ignore Berkshire. He is a one trick pony whose financial acumen is on a par with his command of the englsih language.

It is not the job of a chairman to pay for players. Martin Edwards never did it at United, Ken Bates has not done it at Chelsea. You bleat on about DK operating a fiefdom and not letting others in and then contradict yourself by referring to the money invested by Fatboy. Fatboy was offered a place on the board and turned it down.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah but 2 1/2 million has put us in a better position yeahhhhhh?

I don't care what you think of me el pres as im entitled to my view on things wether you like it or not.
Anyway doesn't most funds come from chairmans these days or am i rearly stupid in saying its the managers who dip into there own pocket to buy these players.:lolol:

Let people have there say instead of having things the way you want all the time.???

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
1st of all, great thread and argument easy 10. totally agree with all pro knight.
just a thought if all these so called investors (people who put in money to take larger amounts out) are queing up, where are they?
and surely we wouldnt want to open the door to somebody else like archer, who had lots of money anyway, (investors 4 you).
would of thought we are better of with somebody that is a fan not an investor. (dk).
and somebody that is keeping the club afloat in hard times.(dk).
wait till we get to falmer, see how things go.

easy 10:clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To those in my corner, providing eloquent, articulate and well thought arguments (in particular Brackers, El Pres and The Great Cornholio - some great posts there) - :drink: Good work fellas.

To those who still want Knight out - you're entitled to your opinion, but we will clearly never agree on this. And until you can come up with some tangible, realistic alternative proposals to Dick Knight remaining in charge, I think your argument is empty, and comes mainly out of frustration from the bad run the team is having at the moment.

I've calmed down a bit now, cos last night I was steaming, but its good to know that the vast majority of Albion fans who are not insane, still support Dick and what he is trying to do.

I'm off down the pub now for a few bevvies and watch a match I couldn't really give a toss about. Marvellous.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah but 2 1/2 million has put us in a better position yeahhhhhh?

I don't care what you think of me el pres as im entitled to my view on things wether you like it or not.
Anyway doesn't most funds come from chairmans these days or am i rearly stupid in saying its the managers who dip into there own pocket to buy these players.:lolol:

Let people have there say instead of having things the way you want all the time.???

Errr.....you are really stupid actually. The vast majority of money in football comes from Sky TV rights.

Looking at most chairmen in the Prem , the only ones who fulfil your definition of an "invester" (sic) is Jack Heyward at Wolves and the Crooked Croat at Pompey. As for the rest, they are businessmen

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
This is getting hot!!

IF DK had appointed SC at the beginning of last season instead of MH we wouldnt be where we are today,we would have had no need to sell BZ,although BZ would have gone at sometime,but no doubt a better price for a Div 1 striker than a Div 2 striker, and could of bought the likes of Ingarmarsson(£100,000)

So in a way DK is to blame as he keeps the purse strings so tight that he thought he could take the easy and cheapest option and appoint from within.

At the end of the day it his is fault we are in Div 2 by not appointing the right man in the first place,and as a footnote making no attempt to keep him when Reading came in,contrary to what DK said about prolonged discussions etc etc.

Most of you pro Knighters seem to have completely ignored this post though.

I think it deserves some kind of decent response

DK had no intention of appointing Martin Hinshelwood. He thought he had reached agreement with his favoured candidate for the job, but - at the very last minute - that candidate threw in a few additional demands which were unacceptable.

With the season about to start, the only option then available was to fall back on a stop-gap internal appointment - hence MH.

The basis of this was that if it worked, he could stay in the job.

Plainly it didn't. Therefore DK went in search of a permanent manager from among those who had been interviewed previously. Eventually, he persuaded Steve Coppell to join.

But SC always knew that he was second choice (at best) and this was never going to be the basis for a long stay.

Martin Hinshelwood has been justly rewarded for his loyalty to the Club and DK with the permanent position as Director of Football. For this, he gets more money and a reputation for failure that will haunt him forever.

But it was not DK's fault that this first choice appointment fell through. DK should be commended for not giving into blackmail (or, in the words of Charlie's Shinpad, "keeping the purse strings tight").

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight is a hero. Just because we are playing shite at the moment I will NEVER forget what Dick has done for this club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here