Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

I think what Easy 10 and the rest of us are waiting from the anti-knight brigade are some answers about how they would take the club forward.

Next time Ernest or his like contribute to this thread, I want to see names, numbers and a plan otherwise I'm just not interested in what they have to say.

There has been not ONE! serious alternative put forward to Dk by any of his detractors. Put up or shut up.

Great post Easy.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Go and smoke your pipe twat!!!!
Im telling you that if knight left we would attract new investers as does every club and for christ sake knight hasn't any money so it wouldn't take much to replace him would it.

Christ get a grip you twat:salute:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Im telling you that if knight left we would attract new investers as does every club and for christ sake knight hasn't any money so it wouldn't take much to replace him would it.

berkshire seagull said:

Yet another cogniscent,well balanced, thoughtful insight. It's nice to see you structure your arguments with well placed abuse and very witty smilies. And so nice of you to point out where all these investors are now, where they have been for the last 5 years and given a full explanation of why they would want to invest in a club with a very uncertain future. Thank you also for allaying my fears that any such investor investing just before a major stadium will be built would only be interested in profit.

My only slight criticism of your post is that you missed called our Chairman Dick Tight which always wins every argument on this board.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull said:

Sorry I just missed the details of that last post, and these investors are where exactly?

If there are people out there who genuinely feel they could do a job for the Albion why are they all in hiding? let them come forward and provide an alternative future for the club.

Another quality well argued post from DK out brigade:yawn:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
How can you say that where is the anwser for investers when we have knight in that position.
Investers are out there trust me although i would like knight to be part of the albion he hasn't the funds to take us that bit further its clear to see.

Come on realise the club needs funds from somewhere and maybe its time knight made a bit more effort in finding smaller investers if possible as christ we are talking 400k+ and thats not a lot in football these days is it.:nono:

berkshire seagull said:
How can you say that where is the anwser for investers when we have knight in that position.
Investers are out there trust me although i would like knight to be part of the albion he hasn't the funds to take us that bit further its clear to see.

Come on realise the club needs funds from somewhere and maybe its time knight made a bit more effort in finding smaller investers if possible as christ we are talking 400k+ and thats not a lot in football these days is it.:nono:

Do you know anything about football finance? How many good players do you think you would get for £400,000? An average Div 2 player on £2500 per week on a 2 year contract = £250000. Without taking into account signing on fees, bonuses, National Insurance etc. He breaks his leg 10 minutes into his first game. Bye Bye £400000.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Investers are out there trust me

Give us a good reason why we should trust you? You cannot even spell investor let alone know what one is.

People invest to get a return on their investment. For that you need profit, and if you look at the Albion's accounts over the last ten years they have never made a profit in that period.

You constantly bleat about DK spending money on players, well he has. Leon Knight and Ben Roberts bost are on good contracts. No other sides in Div 2 are spending money on players, because they are in the same financial situation as ourselves.

Come up with something constuctive for once is your self abusing life

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Great Cornholio said:
Do you know anything about football finance? How many good players do you think you would get for £400,000? An average Div 2 player on £2500 per week on a 2 year contract = £250000. Without taking into account signing on fees, bonuses, National Insurance etc. He breaks his leg 10 minutes into his first game. Bye Bye £400000.
Thats where we continue to slowly get shot of the dead wood and yes it may be a slow process,but face it we have lost shite loads of money on shite players in recent years i.e kitson and barrett on loan and others.

You telling me that its a bad thing to buy a couple of decent players now dear o dear.:nono:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
El Presidente said:
Investers are out there trust me

Give us a good reason why we should trust you? You cannot even spell investor let alone know what one is.

People invest to get a return on their investment. For that you need profit, and if you look at the Albion's accounts over the last ten years they have never made a profit in that period.

You constantly bleat about DK spending money on players, well he has. Leon Knight and Ben Roberts bost are on good contracts. No other sides in Div 2 are spending money on players, because they are in the same financial situation as ourselves.

Come up with something constuctive for once is your self abusing life
If the best you can do is discuss my spelling then you are a sad man.:censored:
Yeah we sold zamora and got a million and replaced him well with knight for 100k,but thats where it always stops dead.:p

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You still have not said who the investors are, how much money they have, and how they intend to buy out the existing board.

We are waiting..........

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Very funny!
Well your awnser will only arrive when mr knight attempts such a thing of finding them or stepping aside.
Don't compare us to notts as we are stabled remember mmmm???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bugger it - I am getting drawn in.

Reality check. Knight has made several well documented mistakes. Jeff Wood was a mistake, repeated with Hinshlewood. We sold Zamora at the bottom of the market instead of the top and we seriously underestimated the lengths Falmer opponents would go to.

That said he has brought in several quality managers (Horton, Adams, Taylor and Coppell, the jury's out on McGhee, give him at least half a season).

But Berkshire, you say "if Knight left we'd attract investors as does every club". As does every club? What? Like York, Bury, Notts County, Oldham. Yeah millionaires are around them like flies round shit aren't they?

He should go and find several small investors should he? What like Fatboy Slim who puts money in to the club for a carparking place and a North Stand seat. So he has done that hasn't he?

The Knight out brigade are constantly challenged to name even possible investors and they can't do it. When are you going to accept that we are not Chelsea?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Guinness Boy said:

Reality check. Knight has made several well documented mistakes. Jeff Wood was a mistake, repeated with Hinshlewood. We sold Zamora at the bottom of the market instead of the top and we seriously underestimated the lengths Falmer opponents would go to.

That said he has brought in several quality managers (Horton, Adams, Taylor and Coppell, the jury's out on McGhee, give him at least half a season).

But Berkshire, you say "if Knight left we'd attract investors as does every club". As does every club? What? Like York, Bury, Notts County, Oldham. Yeah millionaires are around them like flies round shit aren't they?

He should go and find several small investors should he? What like Fatboy Slim who puts money in to the club for a carparking place and a North Stand seat. So he has done that hasn't he?

The Knight out brigade are constantly challenged to name even possible investors and they can't do it. When are you going to accept that we are not Chelsea?

And you know just what is going on when you're in Tokyo ?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Guinness Boy said:

Im not a knight out brigade!
Yeah but your missing the point as we are stabled and look set to have a spanking new staium with huge potential and we need to find someway of building a reasonable squad before we move in and getting some more investors in as soon as possible is part of our building process for the future and any investor will no that the club has a bright future around the corner and should jump in now or soon to be part of it.:clap2:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
berkshire seagull said:
Im not a knight out brigade!
Yeah but your missing the point as we are stabled and look set to have a spanking new staium with huge potential and we need to find someway of building a reasonable squad before we move in and getting some more investors in as soon as possible is part of our building process for the future and any investor will no that the club has a bright future around the corner and should jump in now or soon to be part of it.:clap2:

i don't believe i'm reading this. right, so we're stable and look set to have a spanking new stadium.

you can always argue that dick knight didn't save the albion on his own, but why the feck are we stable and set to move into a new stadium

COS OF THE AWESOME JOB DICK KNIGHT HAS DONE!:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here