Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins O'Meter

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The right team and the right substitutions, the only mistake Wendy made was not taking Joel off earlier.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who is running the show though, is it Wilkins is it White is it Chapman ?.

Dorve Phlatseo F.C

Sep 7, 2007
Have to say last nights perfomance against Millwall was the best we have played since wilkins has been in charge. I cant remember a half that was so 1 sided as the 1 st half last night. Cox and Hammond were awesome, and Elphick looks already like he's got player of the season!!! Add the class of O'Callaghan and the drive to work hard of Bas and Forster and we look like we are showing some real promise. And to think Elder, Hart and Mayo could'nt even make the squad. Word of caution though, i think this team will be all about confidence. We will have a run of winning games and spells of losing games. That will change as they get older. well done lads :albion2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think it was Wilkins fault about Lynch, he seemed to go down but get up with out Physio help so would have been quite difficult to tell of the seriousness of injury. Then once it was obvious he had to come off El-Abd was called back straightaway and put on once we got the chance

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not a mention of asking Wilkins to be sacked in US's latest post. Perhaps he thinks everybody will forget his comments which must now embarrass him.

D

Deleted member 2719

Played 6
Won 3 - 50%
Drawn 0
Lost 3 - 50%
For 9
Against 9

Wilkins O'Meter for season 8 ( up from 5 )

The first half of football was in my opinion the best football Brighton & Hove Albion have played since they came back to Withdean 8 years ago. The football was breathtaking. Brighton absolutely battered Millwall. If it were a boxing match the Millwall corner would have thrown in the towel after 30 minutes. Several players excelled themselves, Cox was outstanding with a wonder goal, Hammond is developing again into a top midfielder , both those players could hold their own in the Championship. The desire to get the ball, play attacking football and win was there for all to see. The second half was inevitably not up to the first half, how could it be , but it was in a similar vein. Millwall huffed and puffed without doing anything and we could have scored 2 or 3 more. To say we could have won 7-0 is not a ridiculous statement. The first 3 home games have seen a HUGE improvement on last season with a desire to win and collective team spirit not seen for some time. I still worry about Wilkins not being on the touchline. I like to see a manager during the game and how he reacts it tell a lot, my fear for him is that if we continue to play like we did yesterday we would have a chance of winning this league and he is out of sight out of mind.

Wilkins O'Meter 10 ( last night )
Wilkins O'Meter 8 ( season so far )

The fans and you in particular should not raise there expectation too much as we can only end up falling, so my advice is enjoy those games when you can but most of all get behind Deano now the sign of a good manager IMO is one that will keep working hard believing in himself and turn things around when under pressure maybe just maybe Deano is on his way to achieving this so isn't it now time for you to get behind him?

???

Oh and forget the touchline thing it really doesn't matter whether he is watching it from the moon as long as he makes the right decisions who cares where he is.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The fans and you in particular should not raise there expectation too much as we can only end up falling, so my advice is enjoy those games when you can but most of all get behind Deano now the sign of a good manager IMO is one that will keep working hard believing in himself and turn things around when under pressure maybe just maybe Deano is on his way to achieving this so isn't it now time for you to get behind him?

???

Oh and forget the touchline thing it really doesn't matter whether he is watching it from the moon as long as he makes the right decisions who cares where he is.

And now my opinion (for what it is worth as a stalwart fence-sitter)

Sounded like the best performance under Wilkins by a mile and from an Albion side for ages.............now this is the reality check.........we needed a win like that like never before. Fans were on the whole disgruntled with Wilkins tactics, subs,ect ect ect and morale was low with the fans (dare i say despondant) Attendances were plumetting because of the low entertainment value, yes you could blame rising prices, lack of investment in the team, mortgage rates rising ect ect ect but many fans (myself included) were reluctant to shellout £24.50 to watch the dross that was being served up............bad fans we may be.......but when finances improve and a few more encouraging performances a la last night i might be tempted to make the 60 mile round trip and blow £50-70 on 3 hours entertainment.
Had we not won last night a lot of fans would be calling for Wilkin's head, crowds dip under 5K and a long hard season was on the horizon.
Do i think Wilkins is the best man for the job? I want him to be.....but like someone said on a previous thread...no matter he may live, breathe BHA and have blue and white blood if we had not won last night i think the pendulam may have swung slightly to the 'Wilkins out Brigade'................i think whatever the result last night he should be given untill christmas to stablelize the club to mid-table safety.
Never-the -less last night result was a stormer............to the club, the fans and most of all to Dean Wilkins who may just have turned the season around and reignited a bit of passion into the fans and players alike

Well done all:ascarf:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not a mention of asking Wilkins to be sacked in US's latest post. Perhaps he thinks everybody will forget his comments which must now embarrass him.

I am not the least bit embarrassed by my comments or regret a single one of them, why should I, I think I have been fair in my assessment of Wilkins and have given credit where it was due, I never regret a comment I make on here as it is how I felt at the time. I am not convinced Wilkins is the man long term but so far this season as of 5 league games he warrants his place. If we lose 5 in a row I will change my mind again. Get this into your heads football is a results business, if he delivers results he can stay if he doesn't and we are anywhere near the drop zone by Xmas he can go. Much the same as the other 91 clubs really. I do not regret a single comment I have posted.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Uncle Spielberg;2139183 Get this into your heads football is a results business. [/QUOTE said:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Sorry, I thought football was a leisure/entertainment business. Now it's a results business. And nice to see your Wilkinsometer (god, I can't even believe I'm contributing to this shite) has gone from 2 to 8 in the space of two games. No knee-jerk reactions here then...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
perhaps thats due to 2 wins and 6 goals do you think, by any chance, possibly

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Good post.Just ignore the pillock

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good post.Just ignore the pillock

If I valued your opinion in any way, that might upset me but as I don't, I don't really give a shit and as you appear to be one of the biggest laughing stocks on this site thats a bit rich coming from you.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You really are making a horrible, horrible car wreck of this aren't you?

why , is it not allowed to criticise the manager when things go badly anymore , or did that stop when McGhee was sacked.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If I valued your opinion in any way, that might upset me but as I don't, I don't really give a shit and as you appear to be one of the biggest laughing stocks on this site thats a bit rich coming from you.

I think your views on Wilkins makes you the laughing stock and a unpopular person.All that good work you do for REMF is let down by your constant whinging and slagging off.Well done for winning the pillock of the year award Gareth :drink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Spencer, Gareth, WHERE is the love?

He annoys me mate.He has nothing nice to say about Wilkins,the club etc.Do we need fans like him?
I'm not alone in this EP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here