Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Flag 2

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be perfectly honest (and i'm probably going to get slated for this) - why don't we not have a flag at all? It'll sort the problem of where it's going to stay / who's going to pick it up, put it back etc. As good as the last one was, it wasnt really that worth spending however much we spent on it - was it?

If this thing is for the REMF - then why dont the people who've donated for a flag just donate for the cause of the REMF? £600+ would do a lot for the charity, and for teams abroad / in brighton

I've covered this earlier, I don't think we can just assume people who have donated to a flag will automatically donate to the fund. The whole jist of the thread was to buy a flag for what it represents and to have it at the future REMF games etc. I think it would be better to either get it or forget it and if we forget it people are free to donate to the fund whatever they want anytime they want.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
To be perfectly honest (and i'm ck etc. As good as the last one was, it wasnt really that worth spending however much we spent on it - was it?

I reckon it was it looked amazing

If this thing is for the REMF - then why dont the people who've donated for a flag just donate for the cause of the REMF? £600+ would do a lot for the charity, and for teams abroad / in brighton

Like US said people can give to the charity anytime if they want, personnally I would like to chip in towards a big massive supporters/Robert Eaton flag as they look well cool!

:ascarf:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I reckon it was it looked amazing

Like US said people can give to the charity anytime if they want, personnally I would like to chip in towards a big massive supporters/Robert Eaton flag as they look well cool!

:ascarf:

I don't think BAG meant it didn't look great, nor that people wouldn't want to donate to it, where the problem lies is in one of Lord B's posts a few pages ago. It wouldn't matter how good it looked, nor how much we donated to it, until the logistics are worked out (ie picking up, driving to gate, liasing with safety officers, laying it out, collecting it, carrying back to gate, getting car, taking back to Withdean late at night etc. etc. etc.) then we're no better than last time, and possibly throwing good money after bad....

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Completely agree - sounds a right winner, until...

...you realise that some people will keep them and the number in circulation will diminish and probably rapidly so.

Sorry to say I disagree. There are enough posters on here who would take responsibility, I know I would take 2 of each, as I generally could find another 2 people when Superwife and I attend away games.

It would be necessary to keep an inventory of who has them, and everyone who has them understands what is required of them, with regards to useage and storage.

You would need to have plenty to ensure enough attended each away game, as some people are not super enough fans to go to all of them. And for home games, I guess you would need to decide to have a static display only, probably best in the singing section, again, these would need to be coordinated, but we can do that, surely.

I think it would have to be a bit of an "Ad-Hoc" thing anyway depending on weather, numbers attending etc. But it could be done.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sorry to say I disagree. There are enough posters on here who would take responsibility, I know I would take 2 of each, as I generally could find another 2 people when Superwife and I attend away games.

It would be necessary to keep an inventory of who has them, and everyone who has them understands what is required of them, with regards to useage and storage.

You would need to have plenty to ensure enough attended each away game, as some people are not super enough fans to go to all of them. And for home games, I guess you would need to decide to have a static display only, probably best in the singing section, again, these would need to be coordinated, but we can do that, surely.

I think it would have to be a bit of an "Ad-Hoc" thing anyway depending on weather, numbers attending etc. But it could be done.

I think it could be done too - with either the BIG flag or LITTLE flags - and I don't mind either - they'd both be fantastic...

What I thought would work best was to see someone organising a rota - so it doesn't fall to people like your goodselves each and EVERY away game (or home game)..something concrete and written down in the REMF forum on here if needs be - to ensure we don't get in the same pickle as last time.....it is worthwhile doing but needs some serious organisation from someone...I nominated Uncle S. but he thought I was having a go at him, so maybe someone else, happy to have a go myself - but I've not been involved any REMF at all to date so didn't want to tread on any toes....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tedebear , no hard feelings, I can be a little over sensitive on occasions !, anyway I will now speak to the manufacturers of REMF 1 and see what they can do for around £ 600. I think we have had a few people who could store the flag and worst case scenario I can house it. I will report back outcome soon.

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing
I am sure that you will receive more donations once you have a firm quotation and framework for its care and attendance. Good luck

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
anyway I will now speak to the manufacturers of REMF 1 and see what they can do for around £ 600.

Except I used Fantasia Flags last time and the guy has since disappeared!

Except I used Fantasia Flags last time and the guy has since disappeared!

Maybe he's got the flag!

I'm not sure the idea of individual blue and white flags would work. Someone would have to get everyone in the right place so that the colours appeared as stripes and unless you had a lot it could look a bit of a mess IMHO.

And it would be static; one of the ways the old flag looked best was when it was being passed over the heads in the stand. And you only need to co-ordinate a few people instead of dozens at least with individual flags.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
People seem to think the builders threw it away. If so they should have REPLACED it, but hey.

Doesn't seem much interest in it at the moment, I doubt we'd raise £2k like last time. Once we get to Falmer then the club will be on a high and that's when we should do a new flag.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am behind this. If we can get £ 1000 together its a must for Falmer. No blaming or finger pointing it happened it was lost lets make a positive and have the REMF 2 flag for Falmer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here