Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm reading Auschwitz by Laurence Rees, for the second time. Absolutely great book, never becomes too harrowing to read, despite the obvious nature of the events it refers to.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Reading some of the Inspector Morse books.For once,I think the telly does it better.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Watership Down - Richard Adams

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

What's it like? Haunted was far too sick for my liking - the straw that broke the camel's back for myself and Chuck, but I would always give him another go if I thought there was something more readable out there.

PS Non Fiction by CP is a good read.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Golf Omnibus - P G Wodehouse

Aah...a fellow Wodehouse fan. I just have to read Wodehouse every now and then, just to keep me sane. If I had to name just one author as my favourite, it would be Wodehouse.

But at the moment I'm reading the diaries of Duff Cooper. I'm a sucker for politicians' diaries and he was at the heart of so many momentous events of the 20th century - not as racy as Alan Clark's though.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Just finished Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion and now reading Black Swan Green - David Mitchell which is highly recommended to any boys who grew up in the eighties and an easier read than Cloud Atlas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Penguins stop play

absolutely fantastic book.

I am 3/4 way through Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.

just waiting for the final Harry Potter now:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Semi-Detached, by Griff Rhys Jones. It's really very boring and not at all funny - slightly sentimental but just entirely unremarkable - civil servants have been probably written funnier autobiogs. It makes you realise that most of the witty stuff that's come out of his mouth on telly over the last 30 years has been written and put there by other, genuinely witty people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here