Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

Its a bit of a monster for me at nearly 900 pages, im 300 through and so far its keeping me entertained, waiting for it too really kick off still.

The Goldfinch had been on unread my bookshelf for ages. Several people have said it is great but could/should have been shorter so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

I'm finally getting round to starting Marlon James' 'A brief history of seven killings' today.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Goldfinch had been on unread my bookshelf for ages. Several people have said it is great but could/should have been shorter so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

First 66% or so is good then it loses its way and disintegrates into nothing you signed up for. Keep it on the bookshelf because it'll look good, but probably don't bother reading it unless you've got no other options.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
P g Wodehouse - the golf omnibus.

Father's Day present and a nice gentle series of stories from the 20's and 30's about golf.

Golf is slowly taking over my life.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
And so it begins...
IMG_0043.JPG

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What Remains by Tim Weaver

a new author to me. Quite enjoying it early doors

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm not normally a huge fan of that kind of book, but I thought I Am Pilgrim was absolutely superb.

Not sure how far in you are, but what do you make of it so far?

I enjoyed it very much too, although it got a little bit far fetched at times, suprised its not been made in to a movie to be honest, got hollywood written all over it as plots go.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I enjoyed it very much too, although it got a little bit far fetched at times, suprised its not been made in to a movie to be honest, got hollywood written all over it as plots go.
I thought exactly the same as far as a movie adaptation goes - I believe the author is a Hollywood screenwriter by 'trade' so that probably shouldn't be a surprise.

Mind you, I can think of at least one scene which is crucial to the plot which I'm not sure even Hollywood could get away with showing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here