Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub Talk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was in the pub last night and out of the blue, and a season ticket holder started a debate about the Albion stadium.

I was just listening , honest:

It seemed that they majority still believed that Waterhall was the best site.
Most people blamed Brighton Council for not finding a stadium location. (not the NIMBYs, not Martin Perry.)
The noisiest (it was near closing time) seemed to think that Falmer was very much up in the air: it could go either way, it certainly was not a foregone conclusion and many people thought it was a total non-goer, because of Brighton University.

The land west of Shoreham Airport to be a real goer, better than Falmer and I did not say a word about it.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BMLSS/pende.htm

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perseus...give it a break won't ya.

The board's only been back two minutes and you've started already

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
perseus said:
I was in the pub last night and out of the blue, and a season ticket holder started a debate about the Albion stadium.

I was just listening , honest:

It seemed that they majority still believed that Waterhall was the best site.
Most people blamed Brighton Council for not finding a stadium location. (not the NIMBYs, not Martin Perry.)
The noisiest (it was near closing time) seemed to think that Falmer was very much up in the air: it could go either way, it certainly was not a foregone conclusion and many people thought it was a total non-goer, because of Brighton University.

The land west of Shoreham Airport to be a real goer, better than Falmer and I did not say a word about it.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BMLSS/pende.htm

I notice you can ignore a user on this board now, how does that work?

Does anyone know?

PLEASE!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It really irritates me when I overhear clueless people talking about Brighton when they really don't know what they are talking about. I almost got into a fight on the nightbus with some bloke who seemed to think he knew everything about the Albion. I couldn't help but tell him he was wrong. DK and MP are not stupid. Falmer is the only option. And it will be built.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
fatboy said:
It really irritates me when I overhear clueless people talking about Brighton when they really don't know what they are talking about. I almost got into a fight on the nightbus with some bloke who seemed to think he knew everything about the Albion. I couldn't help but tell him he was wrong. DK and MP are not stupid. Falmer is the only option. And it will be built.

:thumbsup2

Altogether now... WE WANT FALMER!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Part of the job of the Albion planning team is to use all opportunities to convince the general public which they seem to have failed to do.

Maybe, we would settle for convincing Brighton University?!

Maybe the West Pier team should be on the job. Thery seemed to have convinced the public that the pile of scrap metal should be rebuilt to the original plans that didn't work properly and they haven't even got anyway.

Actually, even that crew haven't convinced the people on the beach that watched it burn. Most people thought the pier had had it.

I still want Albion to build the best quality stadium in the best quality place. Even if this means a Chelsea Director or two sold their shares and jumped ship in a more worthwhile project.

What say will they now have with a Russion billionnaire (and Bates semms to be staying?) in charge?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First fantasy football and now fantasy stadium talk - hurry up Ernie surely you have something useful to say on this thread ?

Re: Re: Pub Talk

BHA links said:
I notice you can ignore a user on this board now, how does that work?

Does anyone know?

PLEASE!!

1. Find the button marked user cp - it's at the top of this page.

2. Click on that button.

3. Then click on Edit Ignore List

4. Then type in the name of the User you wish to ignore.

5. Then click on the Update list button.

BINGO!

All messages posted by the individual you have selected will then appear as follows:-

[SIZE=large]This person is on your Ignore List.[/SIZE]

Of course it doesn't help if subsequent posters choose to quote from the offender's original message.

Eh, BHA links?

:p

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Pub Talk

Lord Bracknell said:
1. Find the button marked user cp - it's at the top of this page.

2. Click on that button.

3. Then click on Edit Ignore List

4. Then type in the name of the User you wish to ignore.

5. Then click on the Update list button.

BINGO!

All messages posted by the individual you have selected will then appear as follows:-

[SIZE=large]This person is on your Ignore List.[/SIZE]

Of course it doesn't help if subsequent posters choose to quote from the offender's original message.

Eh, BHA links?

:p

Thanks LB,

obviously if that certain user is ignored then he wouldn't be able to wind me up by going on & on & on about the same thing all the time,

because I wouldn't see his post

and therefore I won't be able to qoute him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Right

He's ignored now, the thread still shows his name as topic starter, but doesn't show his postings.

Shame somebody chose to quote his original post though.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
Beach Hut said:
First fantasy football and now fantasy stadium talk - hurry up Ernie surely you have something useful to say on this thread ?

The most useful thing I can say about you Beach Hut is you're a twat and will never be a member of the Albion Real Supporters.

I was in a pub at lunchtime with some people from Peterborough.

They reckoned Peterborough United were going to have a good season.

I said nothing. I was just listening, honest!

But, of course, now I realise that supporting the Albion is a waste of time.

Five blokes in a pub must be right.

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
Lord Bracknell said:
I was in a pub at lunchtime with some people from Peterborough.

They reckoned Peterborough United were going to have a good season.

I said nothing. I was just listening, honest!

But, of course, now I realise that supporting the Albion is a waste of time.

Five blokes in a pub must be right.

I'd have thought you'd have been having a nice cosy lunch with your mate Dirty Dick. Or have you finally got pissed off with him never buying a round :lolol: ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
roz said:
If Percy posts that poxy link to PENDE again I won't be responsible for my actions...

Who?

What link?

:wave: :wave:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
cant see it, the cost of building the new stadium is going up week by week and brighton dont have enough money for a couple of new players yet a multy million pound stadium

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I didn't say they were right (five men in a pub).

I said that new roads, single lane, cost £2 million a kilometre, and who was going to pay for this extra cost at Waterhall? Then there is the roundabouts.

But it seemed that they did not pay this any heed. I don't think Waterhall has got a hope in hell without extra development which in the current state of Brighton political life is a complete non-starter.

Even Dick Knight and Martin Perry have been careful to point out, quote" there is no other site within the boundaries of Brighton & Hove except Falmer".

Therefore, if Falmer does go up the swanny, I would say that the Albion have ruled out Waterhall, Toad's Hole and Sheepcote as even the remotest possibility. I do not think this is spin. None of these sites are feasible. The same statement rules out staying at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here