Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adventures

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Just wanted to know what countrys and storys you've got. If you've been backpacking have have a story to tell then leave in this thread. Me! I've got loads to say so I'll start it off.... But I'll leave the bad one till last.

Thought I'd share with you my adventure of Amsterdam. I visited Amsterdam on the 20th of December and stayed till the 24th and got home about eight in the evening just in time to grab a last few beers with a couple of mates in my local which is in a small village (Steyning) in West Sussex but had a nightmare christmas so booked a return to Amsterdam for the 29th till the 6th of January as it was a great little break after what happened out in Cambodia.

Arrived In Amsterdam on the 20th of Dec at nine in the morning and couldn't wait to check out the city. Went to the trains counter and purchased my single ticket to the city centre which cost 2 Euros and 90 Cents.

Had to catch the train from platform six so of i went to catch the train, After waiting twenty minutes on the flatform an announcement came over the tannoy saying something that i didn't have a clue what was said but this girl and lad came past and said are you heading to the city centre so I replyed sure am then they said it leaves from flatform two. So i crossed over then the tannoy people said something again and this couple said for god sake now it leaves from flatform nine. This happened two more times!.

Finally got on the train which was excerlliant as it had two floors and looked ten times better than we get over here, So i decided to sit in the upper tier as i could take in the views as we went plus it wasn't as packed as downstairs and as i took my seat i noticed this very pretty lady sitting oppisite me and had a good conversation as we travelled but was a bit gutted when we had to say our goodbyes.

Came out of the station and found myself a hotel which was called the Nova which was excerlliant and cost 50 Euros for a double room with en-suite barthroom etc which had a swipe card to get in and out and was a three minute walk from Dam Square. Checked in and straight out as i was on a mission. Got lost as i was trying to find the red light district where everything is happening and had to ask a waiter where it was and I've never felt so embarrassed in all my life so done a bolt down a side ally. Finally i found it and walked every nook and cranny of the place to try and find out where the best cafes are and you know the rest...........

First of all i wanted to write an email so i found myself a cafe with internet access but wanted a cafe with out smoke monsters in as I dont smoke the weed, well i didn't till i went inside. Went in and asked for a pint of fosters then sat at the computer but it wouldn't work so i gave up with that and just sat there drinking my beer and watching people smoking weed and useing these biggest pipes I've ever seen and i started to feel really light headed as it looked like someone had let a few smoke bombs of in the place.

I sat there and felt really out of place as everyone was smoking and drinking coffee and i was drinking beer so i decided if you cant beat them join them, Silly move on my part as as i asked the girl behind the counter what weak weed she had as I'm not a smoker and dont want to be like the guy in the corner, She laughed and said why not try our orange bud as it's the weakest and you'll be fine and It's pre-rolled then you can try some white widow after that, I just laughed and said no thanks as i know that white widow is the strongest you can get, Anyway i sat there with my pre-rolled spliff and smiling to myself as I took a toke on it and it felt okay.

But then i started to think this is pre-rolled ? How much is in it ? If i ever made one back in my teens i would put a little in just to make me feel different as to much spins me out big time then as i neared the end of the bud it started to take affect, I couldn't finish my beer and had to get out of the cafe as my head was spinning like a tumble dryer and could think of one thing only and that was my Bed!, Got back to my hotel and layed on the bed for six hours as i was out of it and when i felt ok to venture out i thought to myself I'll leave the weed alone for the time being.

Next couple of days was good as i met some good people who i would meet again on my return. There is one thing that sticks out and will for a long time when i was sitting in this pub called the irish pub, As i was sitting speaking to this lad from Manchester there was a dutch lad who told us he was from Ireland but moved to Amsterdam when he was six and would not stop talking about the troubles between Ireland and England.

Twice this manc chap told him to shut it as no one was interested in what he had to say about it. But he still wouldn't shut up and he even came and sat next to us and said he will stop. With in three minutes he started again and i in the end told him to shut it or bog off to another pub and leave us alone as we wasn't interested as everyone was enjoying themselfs and i could see him getting a slap. T

Then this other bloke who was sat next to him came and joined us and he never drank beer didn't smoke let alone weed but there was something strange about this chap as he kept asking me where i was staying and how far was it (Everyone know where this chap is coming from ?) and if i came to Amsterdam on my own ? It took me awhile but i clicked. He likes to break peoples back doors in. Buy this time I had enough of both of these idiots and told the bloke who was trying to pull me to get lost but he still kept trying to charm me so i told him with a firm voice to go bog off, In the end i went somewhere else as i was getting rather unhappy with these two twats.

The day i had to fly back i went into the irish pub to say bye to alice and the manchester lad was still sitting in the same place as the night before I just laughed and brought the chap a beer before i departed for the airport. We arranged to meet again as i told them that I'll be back within a week. They thought i was abit mad but funny. I shall never forget those two and emma,helen,james,and of course my fav sarah bless her she was so sweet and you'll get a chance to see pictures of them later on.

Got home christmas eve and got merry with mates in my local then headed home, Took me two hours to walk the two miles and i was covered in mud when i got in and i cant remeber a thing. Got up christmas day and not a sole to be seen, Everyone had gone away for a few days and i had the house to myself. There was a note saying the fridge, kettle had broken and would you believe it the washing machine as well. I didn't mind as I'd have a nice dinner and drink the beer that was left. One problem no beer, No food and had to boil the water in a saucepan all day and was really fed as things just wouldn't go right.

Boxing day i went into Brighton and headed to the internet cafe to book another trip to Amsterdam as my PC was down.

The 28th of december and I'm at heathrow airport at midnight as i wouldn't make my flight at 7am the 29th as its a sunday and arn't any trains running from the south coast at that time so decided to crash at the airport.

Got into terminal four and it was empty apart from cleaners and a few police which were drinking coffee, walked to the end of the building and found eight or so people sleeping so thought I'd plot up here and try and get my head down, Couldn't sleep so went to get a coffee then returned to where everyone was sleeping. As i was sitting there a bloke came in through the exit doors and started walking around these people looking at the bags and stuff, I didn't think nothing of it as I thought maybe hes waiting for an early flight as well And then he sat behind me and started to make conversation which i didn't mind as i couldn't sleep.

He asked where i was going etc and where I've been then i asked him where he's going so he said south africa and said he doesn't leave till the afternoon. I said where are you're bags and he said in london but would collect them later, I found this very suspect then put my rucksack under my head instead of my feet as i was concerend about him now, With that the police came and called him by his first name and asked what he was doing here and if there was a warrent out for his arrest.

Spoke to the police later on when i got another coffee and asked about him and they said hes a crook and would of had your bag away if you wasn't carefull.

Arrived in Amsterdam city centre at nine in the morning and had to budget this time as i wanted to visit Prague through Germany on the train so i decided to stay at the Irish pub. Booked in and it cost 35 Euros which i thought was ok but it wasn't till i walked into my room and saw six bunkbeds meaning I'll be sharing with eleven other people then i thought Oh no!! Problem with this is that people come and go at different times and wake you up or you have to try and be quiet when you come in and have to share the bathroom as well which i didn't really like.

Booked in for one night and went for my walk abouts, Saw alice, sarah etc apart from the mancherster lad. Went into the pub next door to the irish pub and spoke to sarah who was working behind the bar(never been in her bar before) and had a good time then said I'll catch up with you all later.

Went to a few cafes and had some beers and met some old boys from Leeds in a bar who were here for two days. Played pool and chatted for a bit and decided to go and watch a live show which was good very good in fact. Came out and walked along the canal and spotted the Banana bar so decided to look at the pre-views of what was going on in there. As i was looking what was going on three lads got kicked out for touching which obviously you aren't allowed unless asked to do so. Went in downstairs to check the price and got told It's 50 Euros entrance fee then a futher 50 Euros for the show but you can drink as much as you like before the show and you've got one hour before the show must start. Thought that was a bit dear but then this lad said why not come in with us as It's 50 Euros for just you to get in and 50 Euros for as many people in a group to watch the show, ( 12.50 each) Great idea so I turned and told the doorman that I was in this group of four including me. We took our position at the end of the bar and one of the ladys came over and said are you ready for the show, We said not yet we'll let you know when we're ready as we wanted our money worth of free drinks before we watch our show. We had three pints of beer each then three bottles of jack daniels then she returned and said ready lads ? Not yet love just a few more drinks and she replyed if you drink at this rate your going we'll have nothing left. We managed to get through another 3 bottles this time it was southern comfort then we was ready. The show was funny but won't go into details.

When we came out they said what are you up to for the rest of the evening I said just going to have a laugh and they suggested we all stay togeather and check out a few places. This group of lads was only here for two days so didn't really no where the best places to go so I pointed them in the right direction to where everything was. We went into the sex museum which was hilarious, Then moved on to see the gorgeous girls in the windows but we didn't get that far as we stopped at these four windows with big very BIG!! colour women in and they open the door and called one of these lads in and i told him not to as once your in you have to pay. He didn't listen and went in and she pulled the curtain shut then two of his mates went in next door and I laughed to the other lad who wasn't keen at all. Then this door came open and this women said you're mate wants to speak to you i said what does he want ? She replyed he just wants to see you so i said you dont want to be playing games and think I'm interested in sex because I'm not. So I've gone in and gone upstairs and she said he's in there so I've gone in and shes shut the door behind me and said you have to pay now as your in here and i said no i dont, she said give me the money i said get stuffed and let me out! she then replyed I'll get my minders in and then get the money i said let them in I'll take them all on and smash this place up. She called me every name possible and then let me out the , I got outside and told the other lad what happend he said he heard something going on. Anyway the other lads came out and checked there wallets and said they've been robbed. I did warn them before they went in that hide your money well because it happens alot where peoples money goes missing.

We headed back to my local and had a few beers and tryed to get them into my place so they could put there heads down because they stayed about 40 minutes from Amsterdam and didn't have enough money to get back to the hotel. but couldn't so we went our ways. Good lads and i had a great time with them and then retired for the night.

30th December.

Got up and checked out then went for breakfast and read the paper then made my way to Amsterdam train station to book my ticket to prague for New Years Eve. Queued for two hours and it cost 120 Euros and got the day train which would leave at eleven in the morning (New Years Eve) instead of the sleeper train as i wanted to take in the panoramic views but i would of had to stop of in berlin for four hours which i didn't mind as i could see the berlin wall well what was left of it.

Couldn't find a room as everything was fully booked due to New Years eve so checked back into the Irish pub for one final night.

Everything was set, I would have one more night in Amsterdam then catch the train at eleven in the morning to prague via berlin.

Went to see girls to say I'm leaving in the morning and they said we thought you was staying for New Years Eve and the party that I had been invited to ? Just told them I'm getting bored and just wanted to see what Prague was like. So we met up that night for a few last beers.

Met up for our beers and got chatting with this dutch lad called phil who was brilliant. I said to him if he could get any MDMA and he said how many ? I said four and he said wait here and he went to the toilet and came back and gave me four. I've never ever done anything like this before but Like me I'm in a different country and will sample their culture. He said come back in twenty minutes and tell me what you think ? So i did. When i came back to him after taken one i said these are brillaint and he just laughed and said these are clean not what you get in Britian and i said have you got any more ? He said how many ? I said 20! He said wait here so i did, Then he came back with another 20 and i said how much he said there on me (He was a great lad). I couldn't believe he was giving theses things to me for nothing. But what the hell i wasn't going to complain to the police, I just sat there thinking this place is crazy but great and i got so smashed on these MDMA's that i can't remember saying goodbye to anyone and woke up in the morning (31st december) only because a cleaner was making so much noice. I asked her what the time was and she said 10.55am! Shit!! Got 5 minutes to make the station so i packed my rucksack and ran to the station and felt like death from the night before. Got to the station only to miss the train, I was gutted so queued again to try and get another train, Waited for ages and finally got to the counter and explained that i was given the wrong flatform for the train (Lie) she said not to worry and would put me on the next availble train. Great I'll still get to prague after all with out paying any extra. She said there is a train leaving this afternoon at three which will arrive in Prague on New Years day. No good for me as I'll miss new years eve. So she said i could leave New Years Day at 10am which i said brilliant. I could go to the party and have a good time tonight in Amsterdam then sleep on the train New Years day but would of to stop in Hanover for a few hours which i didn't mind one bit.

Made my way back to the Irsih pub and spoke with alice and told her what happend and she said that you'll be up for tonight still ? How could i say no. We arranged to meet at 9pm in the bar. Went next door to see sarah and said I'm coming tonight and sat down and had a coffee and started to speak with this english lad who was about 19 and got on well. He was smashed and before he left I gave him an MDMA pill as i had to get rid of them all before i departed to Prague in the morning. And he looked pleased as he wanted to try one but couldn't find anyone who sells them.

I decided to stay yet again at the Irish pub but was told it would cost me 80 Euros for the night! I said what and he said It's new years eve mate and i said you are having a laugh mate because the last two times I've stayed you've only had me and one other bloke stay so god knows why you think you'll have 12 staying tonight and he said something so i just said whatever and walked out. So i decided not to get a room as I'll be up all night and would save my money instead. We all met up at 9 and had a laugh and i said to the girls if they wanted any MDMA's ? Sarah knew i had them but no one else so sarah said she wanted one so i gave her one then it got around what i had so eventually everyone had one for nothing, It didn't bother me as I got them for nothing by 11 we couldn't be botherd to attend this party and would stay local. When midnight camne the place was going mental and thought you cant beat being in another country for New years eve just like last year when i was on a little Island Ko-Phan-Gan in Thailand.

From midnight to 6 am i couldn't remember a thing and walked into a cafe and spoke with a dutch lad who I've spoken to a few times who works with sarah and he said where is you're rucksack ? I thought please no! Please tell me i haven't lost it as it had my money in, return flight ticket's, Train tickets to Prague, Mobile phone and all my clothes and exspensive ones as well.

Yes i had lost the lot and when i pulled my wallet out i had 50 Euros left to my name but thankgod i had my passport in my back pocket and still had my camera in the front pocket which i didn't really give a shite about.

New years day and i had another 5 days before i was suppose to fly home how the hell am I suppose to survive on 50 Euros = £33.33p? for 5 days ? Went to the police and was feeling like death so asked him if i could sleep on the couch he said sure. He woke me up after a few hours and said this isn't a hotel and i replyed I no that muppet. I just couldn't care anymore and just wanted to get home as Prague was a dream now. Walked around all day and what made it worse it that it wouldn't stop raining if you can call it that it was more like a monsoon and i was soaked through so went into a cafe for a coffee to dry myself out. Had to think what to do as no one could help and i didn't want to ask sarah or alice for anything. Went to another poilce station and told them what happend well i gave a load of bullshit because i couldn't remember a thing after midnight. And he was really nice made me a cuppa coffee and told me to come back in the evening so i did and gave me this address where they would help me. By this time it was midnight and i was cold wet and hungry but wanted to save what i had left for coffee as it would mean i could sit somewhere dry for a while. Found this address and it was a knocking shop and thought the policeman was on a wind up so saw another two police walking along and asked them where this address was. They laughed when i told them i ended up at a girls window so they said It's 67 not 87. I arrived at 67 and rang the bell and after a few minutes they let me in and said who had sent me so i told them and showed them my crime report which they were happy with and said i could stay for one night only. That was fine by me as i just wanted to get my head down. This place was like a hostel where down and outs stay. This old boy said he would show me to my bed which i wasn't looking forward to as i didn't no what to exspect.( When you walk around the red light district you have gangs of down and outs who are colour men who sell drugs well thats what they make you believe). As i entered the room it had six bunkbeds and he told me to say nothing and get straight into bed and dont turn the light on. It smelt of socks and B.O in there but all i could think of was a warm bed. As i climbed up my loose change started to clang and thought Oh no what happens if they think I've got money they might try and mug me during the night and kept all my clothes on. As i lay there all i could see was white teeth and eyes looking at me and pulled my sheets up around my neck and just thought please let me get out of here alive as they were all black men. God the smell was bad they kept passing wind etc. When the morning came i waited till the coast was clear before i got up. When i did i went to have a wash and what a sight greeted me. There was excrement everywhere and just thought you dirty barstards. People in Cambodia and Thailand are cleaner than these people.

I just left straight away and back out into the monsoon, Went for a coffee till amercain express was open which was 10am. Went in and told them I had been robbed (another lie) and showed them my police crime report which they photo copyed and faxed to the branch in Brighton. Got told to come back tomorrow which i wasn't happy about and said I'll be back this afternoon. Went back in the afternoon and spoke to this chap in Brighton who said i should ring back tomorrow which i said fine, Couldn't do much else as i was in a no win situation. That night i needed a proper bed so checked into a youth hostel sort of place and cost 10 Euros which was fine as i still had a bit of money left to buy a bit of food and a coffee. Went and saw sarah and alice and they gave me a dinner on the house and some drinks (coffee) They said to come back that night or the morning because they didn't want me to starve (how sweet). Got into the room at 7 in the evening and it had 19 bunkbeds which would be a nightmare. As i got into bed these two lads from Italy was chatting but really loud i could understand it if they were in a pub but it was just those two and it seemed that they was trying to talk over each other and got on my tits big time. I didn't say nothing and fell asleep. Got woke up at two in the morning by some bloke who was snoreing for England and it was getting to much so i thought to myself why can't he sleep on his side instead of his back because thats what is making him snore. I had to take action in the end as it was getting to much so got my pillow and and launched it at him and thought yes thats done the job but to my horror i had hit the wrong person. I had hit a girl who was sleeping next to me who i had thought was doing the noice. She said what was that for and i explained and she understood and said hes getting on her nerves as well. So I had had another shot and got him, He stuck his head up and looked around but couldn't see where it had come from but at last I could get some sleep.

Got up and had breakfast then went to see about my refund. Got there and spoke to some women from Brighton who kept asking me question after question and we wasn't getting anywhere. She kept asking me how i was going to get home and i said that's irrelevant and you should be checking with the police etc to see if I'm telling the truth and checking my last transaction and get the numbers what I've used and what I've got left it's not rocket science is it. Then she said how are you getting home ? I said you're on a wind up surely ? She repeated herself again and i put the phone down. Well it looks like I'm not getting a refund at the moment and had to try and get home now. Made my way to the train station and got on the train to the airport and got away with out paying. Found KLM airways and explained the situation to her and she said to bring a flight forward with out the return tickets will be 60 Euros so i showed her my crime report which said I've lost everything and after awhile she felt sorry for me and said she would get me on the next flight out for fee of charge which was in half an hour. At last I'm heading home. Boarded the flight and arrived at Heathrow airport 45 minutes later. Didn't have enough money to get to sussex as i only had four pounds so i brought a child ticket for the underground and brought a £1 ticket from victoria to battersea park but stayed on till shoreham-by-sea then got someone to pick me up.

I've tryed getting my refund back from A/Express and spoke to the same woman as i did in Amsterdam and she said we've sent a letter telling you our decision and that is ? She said we've declined it!! They owe me £700!! Can't be arsed to write the letter they've sent.

I'll be taken this matter futher...........

Can't be botherd to check the spelling as it's taken me awhile to write it.

Regards.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Winner of 'The Most Longest Single Post Ever' award.... that no one can be arsed to read. :shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Muzzman said:
Winner of 'The Most Longest Single Post Ever' award.... that no one can be arsed to read. :shootself

Just says everything about you doesn't it ? You are happy to look at the thread of girls but not read about someones journey, You thick ****!!

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Gotsmanov said:
Can you re-post it with the significant bits in bold?

No, Thats why I've posted it all on here for other future backpackers to read! In future I think I'll post my adventures to the regulars on here and not share it with the tossers.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
David M said:
Longest post ever?
Interesting though.

Cheers. Only posted it so people could have a good read, So far apart from you I've had wankers. These twats would rather say those tits were nice and the arse was abit big but wouldn't say no etc!!! Muppets.

I love backpacking and have been in some big trouble before. Thought I'd start a thread up with something different thats all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here