Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question of Sport

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Barrel of Fun said:
I thought TTIAO went to pot a bit. Could probably do with a break and then a relaunch. It certainly wasn't as good without Nick Hancock, Gower and Lineker.

True. Losing Hancock was the killer really.

But it didn't help that the replacements were gash. Lee Mack? Ian Wright? PHIL TUFNELL?!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They should have pensioned this program off years ago.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Dawson is so far up his own arse he can taste his tonsils.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Barrel of Fun said:
I thought TTIAO went to pot a bit. Could probably do with a break and then a relaunch. It certainly wasn't as good without Nick Hancock, Gower and Lineker.

Totally agree with you on this. When I was watching it on UK Gold with Boris Becker and Ian Wright, it was just shit.

I would say bring back Hancock and Lineker and get a new captain for the other team (not Wrighty or Becker)

As for AQOS, it is SHIT! watched it earlier and I dont mind McCoist but its just not funny when they try to be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Dawson is so far up his own arse he can taste his tonsils.

Maybe but he is a rare breed, an Englishman with a World Cup winners medal and a great scrum half. Winners are seldom retiring types and we don't have enough of them.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Icy Gull said:
Maybe but he is a rare breed, an Englishman with a World Cup winners medal and a great scrum half. Winners are seldom retiring types and we don't have enough of them.

Ok. He's a great guy then.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Matt Dawson has to have his lines scripted on QoS because he isn't clever or funny enough to do it off the cuff, as Parrott and McCoist did. And many others. FFS, it's not like you have to be Eddie Izzard on that show.

Secondly, I've taken a severe dislike to the bloke after a recent golf function where he behaved like a bit of a dickhead.

Of the four celebrities present three - Dawson, Mark Bright and DJ Spoony - spoke to no 'ordinary' people whatsoever, played in the same four, when they realised they hadn't won f***ed off without eating the lunch provided for them or waiting for the formalities like everyone else, many of whom were genuinely in a hurry but paid the hosts the respect of waiting.

The fourth, and arguably a lesser celebrity these days (John Conteh) was a revelation. He was genuinely a very funny man, talked to everyone, seemed actually interested to find out what everyone did, loved his golf, and generally was about the best ambassador that SPARKS charity could ask for. Unfortunately for the others, he made them look even worse.

Dawson - a complete knobber of the first order.

PS - if the other Albion fan I spoke to that day posts on here, then g'day to ya.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Zed Seagull said:
What dae ye mean the real Alan Wells??? That wis the real Alan Wells, Olympic 100m champion 1980.

Alan Wells is the former Sussex Cricket Captain. Allan Wells is the former 100m Olympic Champion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:D Athletics, smathletics! Alan Wells was heading for a Golden Pair vs The Windies (?), but like a true sportsman, did not walk. :cool:

I was being a bit over zealous, but Alan Wells was my first childhood sporting hero, along with Paul Parker (The Sussex Cricketer).

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
TTIAO got stale - after Lee Hurst left. Then it became scripted & predictable.

I met Nick Hancock in a bar at an England game in Rome. He was giving it the 'I'm Johnny big spuds' routine. What a short-arsed wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here