Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The-Walking-Dead-poster.jpg

Anyone catch this on FX on Friday night then ? I've Plussed it, just finished watching the first episode, it and I have to say it is absolute QUALITY. A county sheriff wakes up in hospital from a coma, and discovers the world has been taken over by zombies. Nothing particularly NEW in the story admittedly, but this is all done extremely well. Grisly effects, eerie deserted cityscapes, decent characters and really well acted. No adverts either, which was an unexpected bonus.

You need to catch this. Channel 164 on Sky, they're bound to repeat it. Opening episode is an hour and a half jobbie, I think its a 6-parter but it went down a storm stateside so the 2nd series is already on the way.

I HIGHLY recommend you devote some tellytime to this.

Yoda

English & European
Went to watch it this evening after plussing it myself, only to find it had failed.

With luck found it repeated tonight so plussed it again (This time on FX HD).

Looking forward to the grisly effects even more now.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
i watched it on friday and it was very good

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Went to watch it this evening after plussing it myself, only to find it had failed.

With luck found it repeated tonight so plussed it again (This time on FX HD).

Looking forward to the grisly effects even more now.

There's an FX HD ??

CURSES. I had no idea. I've got to go and alter my series link now, but I've already turned everything off and I can't be bothered. Here's hoping I remember by next Friday.

Yoda

English & European
There's an FX HD ??

CURSES. I had no idea. I've got to go and alter my series link now, but I've already turned everything off and I can't be bothered. Here's hoping I remember by next Friday.

Ch. 193. Been going for at least 2/3 months. (maybe more)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
*slaps forehead*

Cheers for the headsup.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Second episode on tonight in the States – pretty good so far considering the number of zombie films already shown on TV. Just one thing - the guy from ‘This Life’ has got a dreadful southern American accent !

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
watched most of this on sat till my 3 year old walked in . well it wouldnt be the done thing would it. i was quite impressed ... the zombies look good and its pretty gory. got it on series link now

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Also on anytime on Sky at moment

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Loved it!
Looks like FX have another winner on their hands to go alongside True Blood, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Generation Kill & To Catch A Predator! :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't The Wire start life on FX as well ? It does come up with some crackers on there at times, and I was pleasantly surprised at there being NO adverts during the show, dunno if thats the norm. New series of Eastbound and Down this Thursday as well :clap2:

eastbound-down.jpg

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I quite enjoyed it but nothing I haven't seen before. Very formulaic. I liked the way the "human" side of the zombies was touched on - the half-a-zombie in the park and the dead wife of the black guy.

I'll give it one more episode to see where it goes.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thought it was very good, ceretainly dark and it touches on the emotional side very well. The lack of adverts was a great binus too as Easy said, surprised by that! Looking forward to the next episode.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit strange how theres been no explanation so far about how this all happened. I'd have thought the black guy would've filled him in on how it came about that most of the population have transformed into drooling, rotting, revolting, ragged, stinking brain-dead cabbages just wandering around aimlessly in search for something to eat.

Kind of like turfing out time in Croydon town centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here