Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complacency

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
To say they were complacent or bottlers is nonsense. All season when we have the lead we defend well and look to break. No different tonight. The difference was a flukey goal which gave them the confidence to score a good winner.

I think Tomori did OK, losing Poco was a blow but he did OK. Stockdale nearly gifted them a goal.

The fact is a deal was probably fair but you don't always get what you want. Look at the table now, I'm living it still!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Crap linesmen, too many players off their game, very lucky equaliser, very poor passing.

But we are still clear in second let's do the job on Saturday and see who we gain points over.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
All that's going through my head is the word complacency.

Bollocks! We played well overall and I don't remember seeing a flukier goal against the Albion in my lifetime! A draw was clearly the fair result and I think even a lot of the Newcastle fans would agree with that. What is it with you negative bedwetters just waiting for the chance to let you negativity loose?

I'd give your head a serious wobble if all you can hear is "complacency" running through it when we are sitting 2nd in the Championship 6 points clear and losing to a goal like their leveller!

Yes it's quite laughable. We're up against, lets face it, a massive club whose team probably cost tenfold what ours did (and lets not even
mention the wage bill). So Chris Hughton has cleverly crafted a team of very good players, no doubt brought them on as players individually
to a point where we can actually compete against the very best in this division and for the most part have been in the top two. Really when
you think about it, it's some of the fans that haven't got the balls for it not the players if you'll excuse the pun. And then they throw around
weak 'bottle job' or 'complacency' comments.

I'm up for it. We lost - maybe unfortunately or maybe deservedly but that games gone, move on to the next with pride at what this team has
achieved. When Leicester went up we beat them both times that season yet still didn't go up ourselves and look what they went on to achieve. Getting beaten twice by
arguably the best, most expensively assembled team in the league means nothing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Annoying but not the end of the world as we know it.

There are many more twists to this tale

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
All that's on my mind is we go again. Newcastle with that squad should be beating us. We gave them a good game. It's not the end of the world whatever some on here may think. Don't think we were complacent at all

Shelvey is all that's going through my mind.

He was everywhere, won everything, was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Effing glad we won't have to play against him again this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Complacency ?

I know it is the eternal post match function of a defeated fan to make good their teams superiority but I cannot begin to consider this reasoning.

I'm still stuck with 'panicked' and 'beaten by a better a team'.

I'd rather take an early reality check. It saves me playing out other potential outcomes before I get to sleep tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cannot possibly see how the word complacency fits anywhere into that game. Possibly into some of the comments on here before the game but that's about it. It was a hard fought game of football - we didn't show complacency and we didn't bottle anything. End of.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Here are some words:

One
Game
At
A
Time.

Here are some more:

Chill
The