East
Has anyone used one of these:
3G Dongle MiFi

Any good?

Thanks in advance NSC tech-heads...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I use the 3 mi-fi and find it to be pretty good, there are areas where coverage is a bit ropey but its more than good enough for web browsing etc while on the train. I'm on a PAYG one which is quite expensive though. 7gb of data costs £25 and is valid for 30 days.

The first thing I'd ask before buying one of these is: Do you have a smartphone which you can use as a wifi hotspot?

Don't forget that most companies charge extra for data tethering through a phone, which is more expensive than the price above. I think vodafone charge £5 for every 500mb of data.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had one for quite a few years now. I don't actually need it any more, so happy to sell on at whatever is reasonable for these if anyone is interested.

(7gb for £25 seems very expensive - I pay less than a tenner for 5gb a month - although that may be a very old plan that I've just been able to stick with.)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm helping my parents get online... no smartphones to turn into a wifi hotspot.

My sister bought a dongle & PAYG SIM, but for some reason it won’t work with the tablet we’ve bought for them. This product seems a way to get it all working with what we’ve bought so far & will also be handy as other devices can be connected to it as & when they get them...

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I've got a Vodafone PAYG dongle and have been looking at the Go Baby device to use with a soon-to-be bought wi-fi tablet. They look a bit clumsy/brittle if you are out and about so I've not taken the plunge yet but probably will do once I've actually got a tablet. They were £29.99 a couple of weeks ago but the price went back up to £39.99 - never seen them at the full asking price of £49.99.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
I've got a Vodafone PAYG dongle and have been looking at the Go Baby device to use with a soon-to-be bought wi-fi tablet. They look a bit clumsy/brittle if you are out and about so I've not taken the plunge yet but probably will do once I've actually got a tablet. They were £29.99 a couple of weeks ago but the price went back up to £39.99 - never seen them at the full asking price of £49.99.

Cheers GB

I think I'll just order one - I can always whack it on eBay if it's shite

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here