Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Football’s 47 Best Worst Songs

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Anyone caught this little gem on Dave this evening? If not, I recommend that you find it on catch up. Slightly barren night of TV so thought I’d give it a go. Loved it...

Some absolute classic blasts from the past. The Anfield Rap (one of my favs), Hoddle and Waddle, Diamond Lights :eek:
Ossies going to Wembley (featuring a very young looking Chrissy Hughton)
Vindaloo just came in at 3, final two between Badiel and Skinner or World in Motion...

I joined it late so cannot confirm whether or not The Goldstone Rap made the cut unfortunately :laugh: if anyone watches on catch up, please do let me know.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I did. Quite enjoyed it, not as cliche as other compilations. Never seen that video of the Germans and the Village people before!

However, it did remind me how much I cried during Euro 96. And now Southgate is in charge!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I did. Quite enjoyed it, not as cliche as other compilations. Never seen that video of the Germans and the Village people before!

However, it did remind me how much I cried during Euro 96. And now Southgate is in charge!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Village People one was very odd.... Hadn’t realised that Keith Allen was involved with both Vindaloo and World in Motion.. perhaps they should have invited him to have a go this year too. he clearly has the knack..

70’s 80’s and 90’s seemed to be boom time for the football songs and most of the stories involved lots of booze, which perhaps also explains why they aren’t so popular nowadays. However you would have to be pissed to listen to that effort from Ant and Dec to the end!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
"You're just a small town in Villa...." :ffsparr:

A few of our geographically confused fans at St Andrews a number of years back.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"You're just a small town in Villa...." :ffsparr:

A few of our geographically confused fans at St Andrews a number of years back.

Would that be the same fans that generously "pay their Benefits".

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just saw this after another showing on Dave.
Quite a laugh, but I’m not having Man City claiming they first reworked No Limits with the Yaya/Kolo chant.
We might not have been the first either, but ‘No-no, no-no no-no, no-no no-no, no-no no no Nogan’ predates it by well over 20 years!

Also, Lineker saying he got out of singing Everton’s ‘Here We Go’ in April 1985 due to a fake dentist appointment?
Weren’t you were still at Leicester City!?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here