Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 Club Re-Sale Values

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Has anyone recently acquired or divested a 1901 Licence through an (officially sanctioned) private transfer? if so, in which lounge and how much did it go for? I remember the club making a selling point of the likely appreciation in value of these licences "once we get into the premier league".....curious to know if this has proved to be the case.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Probably depends on whether you were stupid like Timmy and have to keep paying £600 every 5 years or had the foresight to pay £1000 at the start for a lifetime deal.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Probably depends on whether you were stupid like Timmy and have to keep paying £600 every 5 years or had the foresight to pay £1000 at the start for a lifetime deal.

If Timmy had any sense he would have upgraded the 5yrs to lifetime at some point prior to the first 5yrs expiring!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If Timmy had any sense he would have upgraded the 5yrs to lifetime at some point prior to the first 5yrs expiring!
Doubt they offer that as an option now, do they? Will affect resale value as you will have to cough up in 3 years on top of what you pay.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Doubt they offer that as an option now, do they? Will affect resale value as you will have to cough up in 3 years on top of what you pay.

Think option is in original contract so would be hard for them to remove but as we know anything possible with BHAFC!! They obv may remove it from future new 5yr contracts!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has anyone recently acquired or divested a 1901 Licence through an (officially sanctioned) private transfer? if so, in which lounge and how much did it go for? I remember the club making a selling point of the likely appreciation in value of these licences "once we get into the premier league".....curious to know if this has proved to be the case.

The original Amex presentation pack booklet had a mock--up of a web page whereby 1901 Seat Licenses could be traded lije a commodity. No idea if that web page actually came into existence tho.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

I don't suppose the 5 year licenses have much residual value, but i'm talking lifetime (50 year) licenses here.

To put it another way, what do we think someone who is in the market for a 1901 seat would pay for it? Gold or platinum.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The original Amex presentation pack booklet had a mock--up of a web page whereby 1901 Seat Licenses could be traded lije a commodity. No idea if that web page actually came into existence tho.

I don't think it did. But then I would imagine the actual number of transfers must be fairly small (and some of those will presumably go back to the club rather than private buyers).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I don't suppose the 5 year licenses have much residual value, but i'm talking lifetime (50 year) licenses here.

To put it another way, what do we think someone who is in the market for a 1901 seat would pay for it? Gold or platinum.
Very difficult to answer without knowing of any that have been sold. It would take many thousands of pounds and a swap for a ST for me to part with mine. Are there that many people willing to pay well over the odds to get a ticket? I guess that most on the ST waiting list are newish supporters who won't pay over the odds in order to jump the queue. Maybe if you have several then you will get a company to pay over the odds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think you have answered your own question.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Face value at present, tricky sale if we ge relegated in the future but I’m not looking to sell. Basic supply and demand and I don’t think there’s much demand from ppl who don’t already have one

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think it did. But then I would imagine the actual number of transfers must be fairly small (and some of those will presumably go back to the club rather than private buyers).

Dare say the turnover of Private Licences IS pretty low. But that's not to say the original premise re tradeability shouldn't exist, particularly with an ageing fanbase and while PL status is involved.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015

If your in the market PM me as have a pal who might sell a couple for right price!

simonjones

Aug 7, 2018
I'm looking to sell my 1901 Gold lifetime membership. Changes in my family situation mean I'm no longer able to go to matches and the club have told me I cannot cancel it, I have to transfer it to someone.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here