Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tomorrow is the day I know most on NSC have been waiting for: the day the new iPhone will be revealed to the world.

Only, due to some clumsy leaks from Apple, most is already known about the iPhone X as it's expected to be called.

Ultra-thin bezelled with an OLED screen, the new iPhone will be the first without a home button, so Touch ID is going away. Instead the phone will be unlocked using facial recognition. Wireless charging is also expected. Apparently some lesser phones have done this before, but clearly not as well as Apple will do it.

1426e60ba8571d61f37305d693610dbc.jpg

(The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are also likely to debut but will be dull spec bumps of the current phones)

The Rattler

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Tomorrow is the day I know most on NSC have been waiting for: the day the new iPhone will be revealed to the world.

Only, due to some clumsy leaks from Apple, most is already known about the iPhone X as it's expected to be called.

Ultra-thin bezelled with an OLED screen, the new iPhone will be the first without a home button, so Touch ID is going away. Instead the phone will be unlocked using facial recognition. Wireless charging is also expected. Apparently some lesser phones have done this before, but clearly not as well as Apple will do it.

1426e60ba8571d61f37305d693610dbc.jpg

(The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are also likely to debut it will be dull spec bumps of the current phones)

You should get out more...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the new iPhone will be the first without a home button, so Touch ID is going away. Instead the phone will be unlocked using facial recognition.
That doesn't sound good. How well with that work in a dark room I wonder. I'd rather a fingerprint reader on the back.

Wireless charging is also expected.
Wireless and OLED - nice that they're following others.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you shutting Nsc down to concentrate on the launch?

It feels like the right thing to do. I wouldn't want people to miss out on the big event because they are preoccupied with taking the piss out of Crystal Palace or something.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Brilliant! Can't wait for the queues of Darwin award nominees waiting to get fleeced by the biggest con artists in company history.

Will the one with a usable amount of storage cost over £1k?! Will they redesign it again so you have to pay more money to charge the thing?! Will the camera still be average but everyone will believe it's the best because of the advertising and the fact that the phone is SO expensive?!

So many questions. It's so exciting!!

[emoji23]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brilliant! Can't wait for the queues of Darwin award nominees waiting to get fleeced by the biggest con artists in company history.

Will the one with a usable amount of storage cost over £1k?! Will they redesign it again so you have to pay more money to charge the thing?! Will the camera still be average but everyone will believe it's the best because of the advertising and the fact that the phone is SO expensive?!

So many questions. It's so exciting!!

[emoji23]

I'll see you in the queue outside the Apple Store. I'll bring breakfast pastries.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It's a nice enough looking phone, but I'm hanging on for the next paradigm shift.

Getting board of pigeon steps into the future. I hoped Apple would break the mould for this anniversary model.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here