Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß - what do we think?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I really can't decide whether he is any good. At times he looks okay but generally I have only seen a player that is a bit too lightweight and slow for this division. I'm still on the fence though as we obviously saw something in him that he has not yet demonstrated and maybe with a strong, better forward ahead of him he will get on the ball more and show what he can do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too early to say.....but with some pace in front of him (someone running the channels or in behind the defence) he'll get to show his worth I reckon.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Well it doesn't help when you have 1 game where our formation was 10-0-0, Leicester was always going to be a difficult one and Saturday should have given us an indicator of what to expect without forming complete conclusions.

The real issue is that he is partnered with Hemed and a central midfield pairing that is not operating as our engine. I think once Stephens and Propper/Sidwell click, then we may see something.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
So far, he looks like a handy utility man. He probably can fit into a fair few positions if required. I doubt he'll be in the starting 11 once/if we bring in the required players.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He can spot a pass, he takes up great positions. When he's up to speed and isn't covering for Stephens he'll be a find.

I was at Watford, so this is based on two live games (one where he was penned back) and MOTD for Leicester.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well it doesn't help when you have 1 game where our formation was 10-0-0, Leicester was always going to be a difficult one and Saturday should have given us an indicator of what to expect without forming complete conclusions.

The real issue is that he is partnered with Hemed and a central midfield pairing that is not operating as our engine. I think once Stephens and Propper/Sidwell click, then we may see something.

I'm beginning to think more and more that we need Steve Sidwell in midfield for these early games. He is such a claming influence, and of course has that invaluable Premier League experience. He has been there, seen it, and done it. That way the likes of Davy Propper for instance, can be introduced more gradually, as the team gets used to the new division.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I'm beginning to think more and more that we need Steve Sidwell in midfield for these early games. He is such a claming influence, and of course has that invaluable Premier League experience. He has been there, seen it, and done it. That way the likes of Davy Propper for instance, can be introduced more gradually, as the team gets used to the new division.

Agree with this. I would love to see Sidwell given a run.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
So far I think he's worth the signing, needs a bit more time but for me he's a positive along with suttner, proper however .....

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So far I think he's worth the signing, needs a bit more time but for me he's a positive along with suttner, proper however .....

I thought Propper played well on Saturday.

Think Gross desperately needs a pacey player to be in front of him, he makes the runs and pulls the defenders all over the place but he just doesnt have that runner he needs in the middle to give him the space he needs or to get a ball to him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Works hard but physically doesnt seem to be the ticket, plus very slow.

Will give him time.....

Propper hasn't started that well but you can see he oozes class at times and will be quality. I don't get the same buzz about Pascal or suttner.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
There was a brilliant interview about him by a German journalist. In it they described his work rate which we have seen and his ability to drop balls over defenders into to the CF. not seen this yet but it's not a surprise given Hemed and murray are not that type of striker. Once we set up with AK, march or Izerquiero down the wings and a quick CF who can get into the channels we may see this a lot more. There is a good player there so let's not write him off after just 3 games

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think potentially he is great.

The trouble is he has had a bit of a shock regarding the physicality of matches over here, a few times I've seen him getting frustrated with match officials when he has been barged over. The other thing is that our midfield are very slow moving the ball to him at the moment, which of course then puts hi in a difficult position.

I would like to see him replace Stephens or Propper for a few games, as I think he has more vision and will get time to see what is in front of him, rather than constantly receiving the ball on the half-turn and being instantly closed down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think thinking is so important

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here