Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO MODS: Are There Any Circumstances Under Which We Can Have A Paul Rogers TributeThread?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just seems to me very very wrong that on the eve of our Premier League debut, we are somehow expected to airbrush Dodge, our inspirational former captain (and based on every single personal dealing with him ever, after his professional playing career, an all-round good guy and perfect gentleman) out of our history. Even Poyet never suffered that fate. Don't seem right at all. Cheers.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just seems to me very very wrong that on the eve of our Premier League debut, we are somehow expected to airbrush Dodge, our inspirational former captain (and based on every single personal dealing with him ever, after his professional playing career, an all-round good guy and perfect gentleman) out of our history. Even Poyet never suffered that fate. Don't seem right at all. Cheers.

Bozza's call, of course, but personally, I see no reason why not. However, I predict it'll turn quite quickly into a different type of thread, in which case it'll be binned.

Hope I'm proved wrong...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Saw him at the Sussex cricket last month, looked fine and was with Dick Knight. Top man is Dodge

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I think we should let it go until whatever caused the rift between Dodge and the club has ended one way or another, the reasons have not been publicly known as far as I am aware, although rumours abound,

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Coached my lads football team for a couple of seasons. Top bloke. See him out running locally with FDM quite often. Still looks fit enough to play.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No problem with this at all, but please avoid all mention of why he and the Albion parted ways, regardless of what you know or think you know about it.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
have always liked paul, he's a lovely man and whatever happened (i have no idea) is between him and the club should stay that way.

as an ambassador for the club, as i nice man to chat with and talk football stuff, he's great.

my fave dodge moment was years ago at withdean: my old mate and ex-colleague was once the charlton CEO and tipped up the portakabin we called (home) hospitality for a pre-match beer. paul was almost lost for words!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Remember asking Paul for some advice on a project I was considering a few years ago. He was so helpful, he even came to my house about it and had a coffee and a nice chat.
Also, when I popped into Dicks for lunch a few times he always came over for a chat. Top bloke.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Paul a great guy always wants to Chat about football however don't know or want to interfere with the club that there business but it's shame that you don't get a second chance.:whistle: we all make mistakes.

D

Deleted member 2719

Paul Rodger Albion hero:bowdown:
Like Dean Wilkins
Martin Hinshlewood
Paul Watson
Kerry Mayo
Gary Hart

I love loyal footballers that give their all for the Stripes.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Happy days :)

Attachments

• dodge+fdm.jpg
    dodge+fdm.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 529

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions