Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football forums

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Does any one know any busier than Nsc? We seem to have well over 1000 throughout the day and 300+ overnight. I go on other forums and they come nowhere close BBS has less than half of of us online at anytime normally much less is it because other clubs have more forums i DUNNO I think in a league table NSC must be near the top ? ( yes I am bored just an observation) [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Does any one know any busier than Nsc? We seem to have well over 1000 throughout the day and 300+ overnight. I go on other forums and they come nowhere close BBS has less than half of of us online at anytime normally much less is it because other clubs have more forums i DUNNO I think in a league table NSC must be near the top ? ( yes I am bored just an observation) [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

I would imagine themail Liverpool and Manchester United sites Red and White Kop and Red Cafe are equally as busy.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I would imagine themail Liverpool and Manchester United sites Red and White Kop and Red Cafe are equally as busy.

Currently we have 1100+ users. Kop is 500 and Red Cafe is 700. OK, so it's only about 5:40am in the UK but you'd think that the other sites would have more international visitors.

Maybe it's just because of everything the club has gone through we have a stronger community. Who knows...

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Currently we have 1100+ users. Kop is 500 and Red Cafe is 700. OK, so it's only about 5:40am in the UK but you'd think that the other sites would have more international visitors.

Maybe it's just because of everything the club has gone through we have a stronger community. Who knows...

Or more likely people stay logged in on NSC so it appears they are online when they are actually in bed?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It is probably because NSC is far more than a Football site.

People on here can (and do) talk bollocks about loads of other subjects than who could do a job at Left Back....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I often go go to an opposition forum before a game and the only one that had any sort of numbers was Owlstalk.

Right now we're showing 1121 online but only 66 are regulars and 1055 guests.That ratio doesn't sound right to me, maybe there needs to be something like a cache clear?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

People on here can (and do) talk bollocks about loads of other subjects than who could do a job at Left Back....

this, and theres no credible alternative Brighton forums.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I often go go to an opposition forum before a game and the only one that had any sort of numbers was Owlstalk.

Right now we're showing 1121 online but only 66 are regulars and 1055 guests.That ratio doesn't sound right to me, maybe there needs to be something like a cache clear?

And most of those 'guests' will be search robots (bots).

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Or more likely people stay logged in on NSC so it appears they are online when they are actually in bed?

That's true in my case. I'm fast asleep at the moment and I would never even think about going on a football forum before 9.00am, because that would be a bit sad.:yawn:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was visiting NSC for years before I joined up. From comments I have read on here, it seems quite common to follow NSC without being a member, but also being an Albion fan not a bot.

Not denying that for a moment, but the busier a place is the more it gets trawled by bots, plain fact of internet life.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Owlstalk, waccoe, bbs, and rtg are all pretty busy forums.

The best ones tend to be when there is one main forum. Newcastle for instance has 3 slightly crap forums.

I'm sure in the past someone has linked to a league table for forum traffic.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
That's true in my case. I'm fast asleep at the moment and I would never even think about going on a football forum before 9.00am, because that would be a bit sad.:yawn:

Couldn't agree more.

I'm killing time because my first two Southern Fail trains were cancelled.....ergo, I'm extremely sad!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think it helps that NSC has been around for ages and is very stable. A lot of the boards are/were hobby projects that have turned out to be ephemeral. Having that stability and longevity has helped build the large user base.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

This. I'll often read, laugh, huff, puff and join in with threads about all sorts of non-Albion related shiz.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
this, and theres no credible alternative Brighton forums.

The Mailing List is just as old and is very credible. However it is very hard to find and join, is not 'anonymous' and uses old school technology. And because nearly all the small numbers of users have been on it nearly 20 years many of us have met on numerous occasions so it may seem a bit cliquey. It is 100% Albion, though, and is completely free of typical NSC nonsense. Oh, and its Fantasy Leage is also nearly 20 years old, and is The Best :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here