Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2009

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Oh the match shots look really good.

Looks a lot better than FM 2008 I must say.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Looks very very good but am concerned about the specs. The beauty of the last game is you didnt need an up to date new comp to play it... really wnat to be assured that the new match engine is going to put it up there wıththe Total wars etc.

Oh and do we know of any change to the leagues worldwide?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If the match engine looks similar to that in the screen shots (which they say is a WIP), then I can't see it using that much processing power. I don't mean to play it down but it's not exactly state of the art!

Yes, thats my opinion and as you are watching it and not directly controlling individual players like in PES or FIFA that should mean less virtual memory.

Still I'm not ordering till I get some definitive info on this.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Demo out Sunday 2nd November:thumbsup:

Has anyone played the demo? I had a go last night; lost all 3 of my friendlies. So far I'm not sure about the media conferences; maybe they will grow on me. I get the impression that they will get samey very quickly. I love the 3D highlights though. There isn't a huge amount else (that I've seen yet, at any rate) that has changed.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Ive played the demo loads of times. The press conferences are really good as they can get really heated if your team is underperforming and ive noticed that they can make a real difference to your teams morale.

The 3d engine is great, few bugs but si has already promised to be fixing them for the final release. After reading an article about the new tactics i actually think they're alot better aswell, which is a big plus to the whole game.

Love the new features like transfer rumours and that. The new transfer system is also really nice as its actually easy to get rid of your deadwood and loan out your youngsters, which was almost impossible in fm 08.

Anyway yeah really impressed with the new game and will definatley be buying this.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why do the players always shoot from so far out though?

Really annoying, and I get an injury nearly in every game.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
just set the long range shooting on your fowards to rarely.

Just finished 6 months with brighton and finished 2nd behind leeds :D

No idea why we ever started with a friendly with bayern munich like haha.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've not played FM for a couple of years...I think 07 was the last version and it was still similar to the original CM series which I loved but got a bit stale and samey...Can anyone tell me if this is going to be any different as from the reviews, I am tempted to buy this years.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
FM 2009 is great, apart from one thing. The way it uses that god awful steam thing to activate it, the continually chugs away in the background.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I actually quite like FM09, though I can't get my strikers playing well, that's my biggest problem. Steam is annoying though, it takes up far too much space and I don't really see the point in having to install it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I havent played football manager in a few years so am a bit out of touch with it, but was thinking of getting the 09 version seeing as its cheap. but i wanted to know how up to date the squad will be? will it be last years team or do they update the squad with patches etc?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I havent played football manager in a few years so am a bit out of touch with it, but was thinking of getting the 09 version seeing as its cheap. but i wanted to know how up to date the squad will be? will it be last years team or do they update the squad with patches etc?

If you install it with Steam then it will update it to the last patch, which is 9.02.

Then I suggest you install one of these patches which includes transfers up to June, and has the teams for 2009/10 in the correct leagues (Newcastle in the Championship etc.)

http://www.fmupdates.net/download/16/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here