Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A quarter of the way through the season - how are you feeling about it all?

How are you feeling about things so far?

• Very happy

Votes: 89 29.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 191 62.2%
  • So-so

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With 10 games now played, it means we've just cross the quarter way point of the season.

Before the season started I'd have taken 12th spot all day long, but I still find myself feeling we should have 2-5 more points on the board and sitting very nicely in the top half of the table.

Most pleasing is the way we are very much look the Premier League part, strongly competitive against those sides we need to be competing with.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Marvellous

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very happy.

I was one of the many pessimistic fans after the transfer window.

Hemed and Murray have proved many wrong, as has Bruno, the defensive side of the team and an amazing 12 points. Ryan, Propper and Gross proving the haters wrong.

The progress is borne out on oddschecker which had us at about evens to go down, favourites with Hudd in August. Now 3/1.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just looking at the table, we have the 8th best defence (could be 7th after tomorrow night). Amongst others, we've conceded less than:

Arsenal
Liverpool
Watford
Stoke
West Brom
West Ham
Everton

....which is pretty remarkable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Happy.

In the last 2 games we have won away and gained a point after going behind, which removes these from our to do list.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, we've still got 10 out of the 12 (virtually) guaranteed to lose games still to come, having only so far played two of them, but all in all I'm pretty happy with what we've achieved so far.
We look well placed to finish 17th. or above, which is all I really wished for this season.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Voted happy.

I was worried beforehand that we would struggle in most matches but thankfully that hasn't come to pass. All of the areas that I thought might be problematic have been but overall we have coped well. Dunk, Gross, March, Duffy & Propper have all been excellent. And several others have had their moments,

Enjoying the journey

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With 10 games now played, it means we've just cross the quarter way point of the season.

Before the season started I'd have taken 12th spot all day long, but I still find myself feeling we should have 2-5 more points on the board and sitting very nicely in the top half of the table.

Most pleasing is the way we are very much look the Premier League part, strongly competitive against those sides we need to be competing with.

Yes....after you’ve played the games ...looking back there is a tinge of ‘if only’ ...Everton and Bournemouth games spring to mind....and I believe the games we have to play between now and Xmas will be harder in total than the ones we’ve played to date.

Having said all that I am happy

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dropped a few points unnecessarily, and just hope they don't prove costly at the end.

OK so far - better than expected.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very happy indeed. Today we matched Saints easily & they'll finish mid table for sure. Everton's looking like 2 points dropped & probably shouldn't have lost from that position at Bournemouth, else panning out much better than expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Was worried we would be watching us chase shadows against most teams and would be looking to pick points off a few teams in and around the bottom. Most impressive for me is Leicester and Man City aside we have been in and competing for points in every game. Seem to be finding our feet and belief and genuinely think we have what is takes to stay in this division this season

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plenty happy enough.

I thought today's game was what we'd have to look forward too week in week out, the fact that it's been our only meh match this season, is a pleasant surprise.

As Cheshire says though, the points being left on the table are beginning to mount up, which is a worry as we're unlikely to get any against the head.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A happy bunny.

I don't think we've been completely outplayed in any game. Arsenal was difficult but we had our moments. Man City were relentless and their pressure finally paid off. I loved the Newcastle and West Ham games with clean sheets. They were well deserved. The Everton game still rankles with me. It wasn't a penalty and they look bang in trouble.

We'll be just fine. :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’m happy so far. Holding our nerve against Bournemouth and Everton and getting results against 10 man Watford and Saints would have made me VERY happy though.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Glad you feel this way.
I remember your doom and gloom when we failed to sign a striker at the end of the window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here