Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Always helps having our CEO on the board of the football league too no doubt ....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wasn't it the football league who wanted the fixture played at the first available date to comply with their fixture rearrangement guidelines ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'll get the violin out shall I

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wasn't it the football league who wanted the fixture played at the first available date to comply with their fixture rearrangement guidelines ?

Not specifically, no, but the rule book states:

"28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity..."

By all accounts the League rule book also says that a club will not play three consecutive away fixtures, other than in exceptional circumstances, but I can't find that currently.

Anyway, they can try and blame us all they want, but ultimately the EFL make the decision:

"26.2 Any dispute between two or more Clubs as to the arrangement of League Matches shall be referred to and decided by The League, and The League shall have absolute discretion in that respect. All re-arrangements of League Matches must be submitted to and approved by The League."

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'll get the violin out shall I

article-2228104-15DC90F3000005DC-163_306x443.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

"28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity

By all accounts the League rule book also says that a club will not play three consecutive away fixtures, other than in exceptional circumstances, but I can't find that currently.

Anyway, they can try and blame us all they want, the EFL decide:

"26.2 Any dispute between two or more Clubs as to the arrangement of League Matches shall be referred to and decided by The League, and The League shall have absolute discretion in that respect. All re-arrangements of League Matches must be submitted to and approved by The League."

Couldnt they have argued that this wasnt the earliest reasonable opportunity or perhaps they did the FL over ruled thep

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Couldnt they have argued that this wasnt the earliest reasonable[Bopportunity or perhaps they did the FL over ruled them

They were arguing for a later match I understand saying it could be the title decider. Typical arrogance.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Couldnt they have argued that this wasnt the earliest reasonable[Bopportunity or perhaps they did the FL over ruled them

'Reasonable' is surely more about playing twice in a midweek ie Tuesday then Thursday. I can't see it as being about not fancying a particular week to play.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

"28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity..."

Anyway, they can try and blame us all they want, but ultimately the EFL make the decision:

If football boot was on other foot, as so to speak, and Albion complained, wouldn't all insundrie complain that we were having preferential treatment?
I'm damn sure the massive would complain, given that's all they do these days.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Newcastle didn't want the away BHA game to be played on the 28th Feb, complaining that their fans have to now make three away trips in a row.
But Newcastle say Brighton refused to move the game!
https://www.nufc.co.uk/matches/first-team/2016/brighton-and-hove-albion-v-newcastle-united-1
Incidentally, all 2700 tickets sold within an hour.
I don't think it was anything to do with their fans, it was that they didn't want to play us, Huddersfield and Reading away in consecutive matches in the space of a week.

Jan 22, 2017
I'm glad it's tomorrow tbh, get the next three away games out of the way and then we will have a better chance of knowing where we are at even if we do poor in these games. Couldn't think of anything more nerve wracking than having to visit the Amex in late March or April knowing that it's win or bust. It's a huge game but could have been even bigger for us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here