Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Strictly problem

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
So - a tricky problem - if someone can help pleeeease.

Back in Sept I organised a competition with some work peeps for people to vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
in Strictly - £5 stake and winner takes all.

Unfortunately the BBC bas****s failed to reveal that, unlike previous years, - the winner would be announced
from all four finalists and no voting figures will be released.

So basically - I have no way of telling who came 2nd, 3rd or 4th and therefore no way of telling who won
our little competition.

Any ideas on how I can get myself out of this mess?

Ta.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
ladron.png :xmas:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If it's winner takes all don't you just need to know who won.

If however you are paying top 4 with reducing prizes then winner gets the original prize and 2-4 get a third of what's left each.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You are the final arbiter, you chose who comes 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Pick your friends , show them that you love them. It will be fine. Might throw your boss in there too must in case

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Base it on the judges scores for 2nd, 3rd and 4th?

There is no point in that because the best dancer didnt win and it was decided presumably by a block vote by scots as a nationalist thing or based on who improved the most and not the best even by the judges scores. As many have said in the past this and similar competitions are not based on ability but popularity.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Fun times if at work on Monday the people who placed bets on the dancers who didn't win in the final get together and say that these three dancers are effectively all second and all demand to be paid out as finishing second.

I would go to a cashpoint on the way to work and take the hit.

Alternatively accept all runners up and they each get one third of the remaining prize money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here