General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One things for sure, it'll be back to the two-horse race. Lib Dems will be back to their traditional single figure share of the vote. How many of their well-meaning supporters will trust them ever again? And these people are hardly likely to drift to the right, which is all good news for Labour.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't see how they can get anything like an accurate poll of how people will vote next year. I reckon the majority of people are like me and really don't know who to vote for, when looking at the main parties:

Conservatives - hardly inspiring, full of Etonians who seem quite out-of-touch
Labour - haven't exactly come up with reasons to vote for them and Ed Miliband as PM :lolol:
Lib Dems - never going to win, will just climb into bed with whichever party they can share power with
UKIP - god, no
Green - anything but them in Brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really, do you think labour will win? I'm betting on a hung parliament again.

You may well be right and I actually like proper coalitions; not the current nonsense with two idealogical opposed parties shoe-horned together and muddling through.

The Tories will not be running the country, this is all I really care about at the moment. One step at a time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Think you will find that a seven point lead for the oppo this close to an election is historically very low. There is always a swing back to the incumbent in the actual vote. Labour have a big advantage that their support is more concentrated (and constituencies on average smaller) but 7 does not sound anywhere near enough to be more than largest party at best. LDs may lose a lot of seats this time; I foresee a minority government struggling for several months as in 1974 then another election.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised to see UKIP weaken the Tory vote while disillusioned Lib Dems and the floating voters of no particular affiliation will side with Labour.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You may well be right and I actually like proper coalitions; not the current nonsense with two idealogical opposed parties shoe-horned together and muddling through.

Labour and Liberals are just as ideologically opposed on many issues, just different ones to Tory/Liberal. thats why they didn't like the idea of getting into bed with Labour 4 years ago.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Really, do you think labour will win? I'm betting on a hung parliament again.

me to, Labour could win, seems there are enough tribal lemmings who are willing to stick their head in the sand and overlook the fact they left government having bankrupted the country (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8688470.stm) just like they did in 79. pretending that all the economic pains of recent years are not the result of cleaning up a catastrophic economic mismanagement inheritance left behind by Labour...... against Economic wizz Ed Balls constantly repeating that reducing the deficit "will not work" and there will be "zero growth", that was all ditched for the next soundbite when it proved to be bollox, "cost of living crisis"..... then as the economic situation improved further and our economy is the fastest growing in the western world....lets overlook the pathetic and impractical "energy freeze" soundbites..... be because exactly what was predicted when the ridiculous soundbite was first pushed is now happening....... with falling wholesale energy prices up to a third cheaper than 1 year ago, the energy suppliers don't drop the price to consumers.....they "freeze them" in anticipation of red ed's impending energy freeze to protect their profits, so every household today is paying up to 33% to much in anticipation of this ridiculous policy being implemented........ its economics for idiots

Yes Labour could win and bankrupt the country once more with centralised, debt riden, tax raising mismangement.... if only, if only they had picked a leader with some workable policies who was less like a bullied nerd and had a bit more charisma than a potatoe.

Last edited:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
They will be leading the nation one way or another.

In not being deliberately argumentative but I honestly can't see Labour getting close. People who are opposed to the current gvmt will always happily speak out in polls, those that are quite happy with how things are being run are less likely to be so animated

Like it or not, the Tories (I'm not counting the lib dems in this) have had a mammoth task to undo labour's mess and are making real progress. People will recognise that

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It'll be a hung parliament with Tories and UKIP running the show in a minority coalition government.

Clegg will resign after the Lib Dems' poor showing.

The era of Green Labour begins with Caroline Lucas as leader of new force in British left politics.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just think how far ahead Labour would be with a decent leader. The Tories are there for the taking, but Miliband is a clown.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here