Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Failed Blog

TheGuidetoBHAFC

Aug 8, 2017
Yesterday I posted a thread on this forum about potential new strikers Brighton could sign titled: "Brighton's Striker Problem". At the end of the post I put a sentence about a similar (but longer) post I had made on my blog. Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful. I can understand this and I respect them but do think some of what was said was a touch out of line. As well as this I did receive some constructive criticism and some very kind support.
Since posting the thread "Brighton's Striker Problem" I deleted the blog. To anyone concerned this wasn't anything todo with any responses I got on my post; instead something entirely unrelated. I am thinking of making a similar blog, but would do things the right way... asking bozza for permission to link it on this website e.t.c. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?
Thanks

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think you need permission to link to the blog. You aren't aiming to get commercial benefit from the blog, so are hardly using NSC as a marketing tool, and ultimately you are an Albion fan.

Don't be disheartened and ignore the snarky comments. There's a lot of piss taking on NSC, and it is usually without personal malice, although can appear to be otherwise if you are on the receiving end.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Yesterday I posted a thread on this forum about potential new strikers Brighton could sign titled: "Brighton's Striker Problem". At the end of the post I put a sentence about a similar (but longer) post I had made on my blog. Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful. I can understand this and I respect them but do think some of what was said was a touch out of line. As well as this I did receive some constructive criticism and some very kind support.
Since posting the thread "Brighton's Striker Problem" I deleted the blog. To anyone concerned this wasn't anything todo with any responses I got on my post; instead something entirely unrelated. I am thinking of making a similar blog, but would do things the right way... asking bozza for permission to link it on this website e.t.c. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?
Thanks

Twitter is a good starting point.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good luck mate. Ignore the cretins on here. I was embarrassed by some of the abuse you got.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Thanks

I read your blog post yesterday evening before it was removed and didn't have a chance to comment. I found it interesting as you'd clearly done some research into potential targets that I'd never even heard of. Keep writing and doing your research and don't listen to the idiots on here who have nothing better to do than make snide remarks about other's hard work :thumbsup:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
If you meet certain conditions you can apply for your site to appear on www.newsnow.co.uk - this site brings in a lot of hits when you publish an article. There are other similar networks that also exist.

D

Deleted member 2719

Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful.

Overall NSC do have a lot of posters who think 'I am better than you'.
Try not to let it bother you.
30k post doesn't mean diddly squat although some think it does.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thanks
First rule of anything is "don't let the *******s grind you down". Keep going with the blog if it's something you enjoy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Can you copy and paste it into this thread as it sounds like it was worth a read

Thanks

The above please, so all can read it :)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Good luck mate. Ignore the cretins on here. I was embarrassed by some of the abuse you got.

It's one of the main problems with NSC.

So many posters on here are trying so hard to be funny or edgy that if a new poster has the audacity to start a thread there will be a whole host of posters waiting to take the piss, or call him some stupid made up insult like "wankpuffin" in the hope of getting a few thumbs up and laughing emojis from strangers on the internet.

It's normally the same posters too. It's pathetic. It's how I used to act on an old NSC account. The difference is, I was 16 and grew up. Some of the main culprits are apparently adults.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Overall NSC do have a lot of posters who think 'I am better than you'.
Try not to let it bother you.
30k post doesn't mean diddly squat although some think it does.

Definitely this.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Those same select dickheads are idiots 24/7 so I wouldn't worry about it. They're the types that get angry at any person who calls themselves a fan who has had the audacity to be born after Hereford away, proper nutters who come across as unlikeable turds.

Twitter with the BHAFC # and Reddit might be two good places to start. The internet is full of dickheads though so be prepared for alot of abuse whatever you do.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
It does read like another not nick Rhodes though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's one of the main problems with NSC.

So many posters on here are trying so hard to be funny or edgy that if a new poster has the audacity to start a thread there will be a whole host of posters waiting to take the piss, or call him some stupid made up insult like "wankpuffin" in the hope of getting a few thumbs up and laughing emojis from strangers on the internet.

It's normally the same posters too. It's pathetic. It's how I used to act on an old NSC account. The difference is, I was 16 and grew up. Some of the main culprits are apparently adults.

Shut up you wankpuffin.

:jester:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
If you are on forums or social media or write a blog you will have to get used to the keyboard warriors

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks

Twitter can be a great reach, but I also used:

http://www.blogbuzzer.com

and

http://pingomatic.com

Keep persevering

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills